Following elections in May 2019, the IIAR is proud to present two new members who have joined the IIAR Board. Please help us welcome Andrew Hsu and Simon Jones, for a two year term starting on the 1st June 2019. Continue Reading →
No doubt you are well aware of how that phrase finishes but I am sure you are aware of the purpose of this post – becoming an IIAR Board Member. If you have ever wondered what you can do for the IIAR then becoming a board member is a great way to shape the direction of analyst relations globally, learn new skills, work with some great people and you have until 1700 BST on Wednesday 15th May 2019 to take that chance.
CCS Insight is a longstanding research firm headquartered in the UK, but with reach and clients into wider EMEA, the Americas and Asia Pac. This specialist technology market intelligence and advisory firm provides tailored, decision-ready solutions to their client base to help them ‘make sense of the connected world’.
This April 17th, we invite two of CCS Insight’s finest, VP of Research Martin Garner (Blog, @martin_garner, LinkedIn), and Principal Analyst for Digital Workplace Angela Ashenden (LinkedIn, @aashenden), to give us an overview of the firm’s research and advisory services and practice areas, and touch on their upcoming 2020 Predictions, a must-not-miss annual event in the diary for their clients. Continue Reading →
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 435,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com .
People in the Corporate Function career track contribute to the running of Accenture as a high- performance business through specialization within a specific functional area and grow into internally focused roles by deepening their skills and/or developing new skills within an internal functional area.
Marketing and Communications professionals build a powerful and differentiated global brand at the corporate, industry, capability and geography levels that supports the Accenture strategy; enhances long-term client relationships; inspires employees and candidates; and drives profitable revenue growth. Continue Reading →
Amdocs is seeking an Industry Analyst Relations Manager to join its highly experienced and dedicated Industry Analyst Relations team. In this role the individual will be responsible for the planning, execution, management and measurement of strategic AR programs, primarily focused on (but not restricted to) Amdocs Media business, a leading global provider of premium content services and media technology solutions.
As part of a closely connected AR team within Corporate Marketing, you will collaborate with senior internal stakeholders, business leaders and subject matter experts as well as Amdocs’ established and growing network of global and specialist analyst firms, helping to engage and develop relationships and build advocacy for Amdocs’ leading capabilities in the communications and media industries.
Desired Skills & Experience
- An Analyst Relations professional with 3-5+ years of experience in the planning, development and execution of global AR programs in a B2B technology environment, preferably telecommunications and / or media
- Whilst not essential, knowledge of the media technology space and existing analyst relationships within would be an advantage
- Strategic thinker with tactical execution skills; a flexible multi-tasker balancing long term relationship management with short term program goals
- Grasp of new technologies and approaches and their business impact
- A team player, contributor and collaborator able to effectively operate in a multi-national and cross functional environment
- An ambassador with the ability to broker successful working relationships with internal clients and external influencers, engendering goodwill, trust and advocacy
- Strong interpersonal communication with listening, writing and articulation skills, balancing attention to detail with management level summation
- Creative thinker with experience integrating analyst relations with other programs eg social media for optimal effect
- Location flexible, but London preferred. Some travel required (less than 20%)
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- Design and development of proactive campaigns to optimize positioning of Amdocs via the industry analyst channel
- Manage all elements of Amdocs Media AR program from concept to results, including:
- Timely response to incoming analyst requests to maximize coverage opportunities
- Key report management – identification, contribution and submissions, fact review and Amdocs-analyst liaison
- Relationship development and maintenance, ‘business as usual’ communications (inquiries, briefings, etc) and planned campaigns eg roadshows and events
- AR training and guidance for spokespeople
- Identification of and enrollment in cross-team opportunities and fund raising
- Program measurement and reporting
- Support team planning and preparation of analyst activity at Amdocs and industry events;
- Assist procurement and internal customers with subscription spend and paid for analyst engagements such as custom research projects, strategy days, speaking engagements, webinars, etc. as well as shortlisting, relationship and issue management.
- Create effective, timely communications both internally, to highlight AR success and share analyst insights and externally, to support Amdocs ‘sustain leadership’, ‘evangelize the brand’ and ‘expand and diversify’ AR goals
All Amdocs roles require strong verbal and written communications skills, position-appropriate mentoring/leadership abilities, ability to quickly master new systems and/or processes, capacity to stay organized while managing competing priorities, and a deep customer service orientation, both internally and externally.
VUBIQUITY, part of Amdocs (NASDAQ: DOX), connects content owners and video providers to deliver entertainment to viewers on any screen. Working with 600+ leading film studios, television networks, independent producers and Digital First providers, VUBIQUITY brings premium content to over 1,000 global video distributors. VUBIQUITY has offices in Los Angeles, Toronto and London. For the latest company news, follow us on Twitter @VUBIQUITY or visit www.vubiquity.com.
Amdocs is a leading software and services provider to communications and media companies of all sizes, accelerating the industry’s dynamic and continuous digital transformation. With a rich set of innovative solutions, long-term business relationships with 350 communications and media providers, and technology and distribution ties to 600 content creators, Amdocs delivers business improvements to drive growth. Amdocs and its 25,000 employees serve customers in over 85 countries. Listed on the NASDAQ Global Select Market, Amdocs had revenue of $4.0 billion in fiscal 2018. For more information, visit Amdocs at www.amdocs.com
For more information and to apply for this role, please contact email@example.com
Please join us on Thursday February 7th, 2019 at 15.00pm GMT / 16.00pm CET/ 10.00am EST / 07.00am PT for a presentation and discussion with Paul Reynolds, Partner and Chief Research Office at ISG.
ISG is the leader in market research for the 45B Outsourcing Industry. Join this IIAR Event to better understand ISG’s position in the research market, and how you can work better with their advisors.
Paul Reynolds from ISG will be our host. Paul leads Momentum, a division of ISG that provides research services to help service providers better target, win and retain business. Paul has 25 years of market research experience with specific expertise in methodology development, data analytics and research process design. Having found many service providers’ Advisor Relations functions to lack appropriate analytics, Paul is working to develop innovative new approaches that allow for data-driven programs based on the unique needs of each client. His approach benefits Advisor Relations, go-to-market functions, sales, strategy, marketing, and market/competitive intelligence teams.
This webinar is free for members. To register for this Webinar please click to here
What is the future of Analyst Relations looking like? How is our field evolving?
Have you recently thought about:
- Whether AR is evolving into “Influencer Relations”?
- How AR is changing to meet the evolving IT industry analyst firm landscape?
- How AR can adapt to — and adopt — new ways of measuring AR productivity and effectiveness?
- What the “next chapter” in the AR field will be?
1. What are your coverage areas?
I cover all things Internet services and players; if you want to talk about the GAFA(M), FAMGA (yes it’s the same thing), FANG, BAT(X)… I’m all yours. To add a bit of flavor, I specifically take a telecommunication angle to cover the intersections of the Internet and telco worlds. Naturally this leads me to cover the US and China often, but being based in France we also have great European coverage, and it helps being Japanese to cover the Far East.
Who’d have thought Christmas would come this early? Grab a glass of bubbles, put on the festive music and light the fire. It’s time to unveil the IIAR Analyst Of The Year award winners.
2018 was a year in which influencer relations became more important in delivering business impact, and so unsurprisingly analysts’ voices have been a critical focus for sales enablement and marketing. We see analysts themselves continuing to build profile beyond repors, through social media and content, and in response organisations are ramping their commitment to tracking how analysts impact their brand. It’s an exciting, evolving time.
So for the IIAR community, it’s important to recognise the range of analysts and firms who are leading the way. We listen carefully to the voices of our members and remain fully engaged with the global analyst network.
To this end we’ve heard from the community in eleven countries across four continents. We’ve reviewed hundreds of nominations and thousands of point scores. Award winners were determined based on the scoring provided by IIAR members, in accordance with the IIAR SOSM methodology. The nominations therefore reflect the best practice promoted within the IIAR.
All of this leads to one thing – as a festive drumroll is unleashed – the award winners… Continue Reading →
You better watch out, you better not cry, you better not pout… even if you don’t win an award at the IIAR Analyst of the Year 2018 awards.
Votes have been cast, opinions shared and the winners are emerging from the data. As you read this, the data is being crunched to identify the winners in the IIAR Analyst of the Year Awards for 2018. But if you want to find out which analysts and firms are scooping the big prizes, you’ll have to join us for the IIAR Christmas Party.
Yes next week sees the much-loved IIAR Christmas Party taking place in Central London, for a night of drinks, nibbles and celebrations of a year well-spent. In addition you’ll have ample opportunity to swap notes with the best of your peers and share a beverage with the crème de la crème of the analyst world. Continue Reading →
We are very excited to announce the date our famous IIAR Christmas Networking Party as Tuesday 4th December 2018. During this celebrated and exclusive event we will announce our much coveted IIAR Analyst Of The Year:
- IIAR Analyst Of The Year 2018
- IIAR Analyst Firm Of The Year 2018
- IIAR New Entrant Of The Year 2018
- IIAR Client Partner Of The Year 2018
We will celebrate those results that analysts and analyst firms have delivered when collaborating with AR professionals. The event is kindly sponsored this year by HCL Technologies.
Join us in a Central London for a festive evening of drinks, canapés, and networking, with leading industry analysts and analyst relations peers alike. Continue Reading →
Local analysts yield much influence in the geographies they operate in, yet they are largely unknown to AR pros in multinationals. On December 11th, we’re offering you to get up close and personal with iDDATE DigiWorld, a firm founded in France in 1977, combining consulting, research and an institute. Its legacy is in telcos but it also covers media, smart territories and digital and internet services.
We will meet with Soichi Nakajima / Digital Telcos Practice Leader (@NakajimaSoichi, LinkedIn) in a webinar to understand more about iDATE DigiWorld, its agenda and how AR pros should engage. Continue Reading →
Time to renew your Gartner subscription?
Our members have indicated a few interesting plays by the industry analysis market leader, almost two years after its takeover of CEB. including a continued drive to multi-year contracts and aggressive drive to sell their $150k executives offerings, effectively mirroring the EXP strategy for vendors. Those offerings causing much confusion with users in vendor organisations are Gartner for General Managers, Gartner for Sales Leaders, Gartner for Marketing Leaders, etc.
Following our latest discussion group on the subject, the IIAR is conducting a discussion group for members to exchange the issues they face when being sold bundled products. This will enable members to discuss ways to get the best value without disclosing individual price. IIAR will then present these findings to Gartner for their feedback and help Gartner sales teams improve client satisfaction. Continue Reading →
It’s free to attend and a great way to network with other AR Professionals.
After the ARInsights cocktail hour, please join the IIAR at 3SIXTY Bar at the Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport on Wednesday, November 14, 2018 from 8 to 9 pm for a quick meet & greet.
If you are going to the Gartner Symposium 2018, Barcelona, drop in to the IIAR Breakfast and join the discussion on all things AR related with Yvonne Kaupp (@YveKaupp, LinkedIn), IIAR Board Member (Chapter Liaison) and Senior Manager Analyst Relations and Market Strategy at Retarus.
We’ll have an update on the IIAR, discuss recent Gartner news and other AR topics.
The first NYC IIAR Summer Party was a smashing success. Some stats:
- 7 Members from Accenture, HGS, Radware, Spotlight AR and Wipro
- 9 Prospects
- 3 Analysts
- 3 Agency Executives
- 8 Enterprise Firms represented
Hot on the heels of yesterday’s IIAR Webinar with CXP Group (they’ve dropped “le” to my great chagrin), here’s a quick interview summing-up their coverage areas and why analyst relations (AR) professionals should give them a call. With Yannick Carriou (LinkedIn, @YCarriou), Chairman and CEO and Jean-Christophe Bodhuin (LinkedIn, @JCBodhuin), SVP & UK Managing Director, UK Operations from of CXP Group, interviewed by Ludovic Leforestier (@lludovic, LinkedIn), from the IIAR Board.
- Why should AR pros call CXP Group?
- IIAR Webinar: Le CXP Group, a European powerhouse?
- Le CXP Group moves to consulting – CEO Yannick Carriou interviewed
- German analyst firms: die große Konsolidierung
- CXP Group – A European analyst powerhouse in formation?
- IIAR Webinar: with Laurent Calot, CEO of CXP Group – April 23 @ 16:00 BST
- Gallic research firms get cosy: after taking on Germany, CXP and PAC merge
- Le CXP and BARC merge: ignore local firms at your perils
- [ANALYST FIRM NEWS] John Leigh joins PAC UK
- Smart move: PAC buys Berlecon
- September IIAR London Forum Featured European Analyst Panel
- Reminder to Register for IIAR London Forum – Thursday, Sept 16th
Over the past few months, the analyst community has been experiencing an array of changes, with many analyst departures and career moves shaking up the status quo. As we come back to work and the summer days fade into autumn, there’s no better time to catch-up with analyst firms and understand what has changed, what’s to come and exactly how their services can support AR pros and their programmes.