As the largest analyst firm, everyone in analyst relations is impacted by their relationship with Gartner. From contract negotiations to account management to research coverage, our AR programs are greatly impacted by Gartner’s offerings, communications.Continue Reading →
Fashionably late but always on point and by popular request here’s the IIAR Tragic Quadrant 2018, a representation of how Analyst Relations Professionals (AR Pros) have rated analyst firms in the 2018 survey we ran for the Analyst and Firm of the Year 2018.
For new readers here, the Tragic Quadrant is of course a pun on the infamous Gartner ‘Magic Quadrant’. We do not pretend this as an exhaustive analysis -nor is it a completely serious piece of research (the “Tragic” moniker is there as a reminiscence it should be taken with a pinch of salt). Nonetheless it is based on data and, as opposed to the Gartner Magic Quadrant, there are no magical and secretive weightings. As such, it is a good indication going back several years of the changes afoot in the industry analyst landscape and the judgement analyst relations professionals cast on industry research firms. And it provides actionable insights AR pros can use, something other surveys in this field often lack.Continue Reading →
Here are the top ten best practices we un-earthed during the IIAR> AR Professional Of The Year 2019 survey.
- Regular briefings
- Targeted coverage
- Open discussion about company strengths and weaknesses
- Sending the deck ahead of the briefing so there’s time to come up with in depth questions
- Well organised AR events that encourage conversation not mere presentations
- Support for research interviews, being pragmatic during Evaluative Research.
- When AR helps to get the right people on the table for f2f meetings and when AR gives feedback about what kind of information is the most valuable for its organization
- Pro-actively flagging developments in coverage areas
- Knowing the kind of material/projects my company works on.
- Sharing data under NDA
Caroline Dennington (@Cdennington, LinkedIn) is the Managing Director of Dennington AR and the winner of the IIAR> AR Agency Of The Year 2019. Like Ricarda, she doesn’t have any horror story and also has a liking for the French art de vivre…Continue Reading →
Last week we hosted the IIAR Summer Networking Party 2019 in London kindly sponsored by Criteo and Spotlight Analyst Relations. On behalf of the IIAR, I wanted to say a big ‘Thank you!’ to all who could join us in celebrating the achievements of the Analyst Relations community and hope that you’ll join us again at future events.
Ricarda Rodatus (@rodatusr, LinkedIn) is the VP of Analyst Relations at Oracle, leading the analyst relations team recognised last Thursday night as the IIAR> AR Team Of The Year 2019 discloses which analyst she misses the most and reveals a French secret.Continue Reading →
Peggy O’Neill / VP Analyst Relations, Informatica, (@pegoneill, LinkedIn) and former IIAR> Board Member was recognised yesterday night as the IIAR> AR Professional Of The Year 2019 and shares today some insights for the AR community.
Congratulations Peggy!Continue Reading →
London, Thursday 04th July 2019 – The wait has an end…. Whilst the USA are celebrating their Independence Day, the IIAR members celebrated their annual IIAR Summer Party, kindly sponsored by Criteo and Spotlight AR this year. Highlight of the evening was the announcement of the IIAR AR Professional of the Year 2019, a highly coveted recognition among the AR professionals.
Needless to say that there were plenty of reasons to celebrate at this traditional event that brings together the AR professionals and agencies as well as the analysts who joined us from Gartner, Forrester, IDC, Ovum, 451 Research and many others for an evening full of great discussions and insights. The party is a great opportunity to engage with peers from the AR community and exchange best practices, get feedback from the key analysts in the industry and build or strengthens new and existing relationships.Continue Reading →
After yesterday’s IIAR Webinar, Simon Robinson (@simonrob451, LinkedIn) SVP Research at 451 Research shared where the firm name comes from and Ludovic Leforestier (@lludovic LinkedIn) gave a quick wrap-up of the webinar.
IIAR Members will be able to access the recording and deck shortly from our new Member365 portal.
We will celebrate the achievements of the analyst relations community, where we will announce the IIAR analyst relations professional and analyst relations team of the year.Continue Reading →
Please join us on Tuesday, July 2, 2019 at 1500 GMT / 1600 CEST/ 1000 EDT / 0700 PDT for a discussion with Simon Robinson / Senior Vice President, Research at 451 Research.
451 Research is a leading information technology research and advisory company best known for its coverage of digital infrastructure, technology innovation, and market disruption.
In this webinar we’ll discuss 451 Research’s influence and impact, differentiation and competitive advantage, as well as the format and the future of their research. We’ll also discuss how best to engage with the analysts at 451 Research and how AR professionals and vendors can leverage their research. Continue Reading →
Following elections in May 2019, the IIAR is proud to present two new members who have joined the IIAR Board. Please help us welcome Andrew Hsu and Simon Jones, for a two year term starting on the 1st June 2019. Continue Reading →
No doubt you are well aware of how that phrase finishes but I am sure you are aware of the purpose of this post – becoming an IIAR Board Member. If you have ever wondered what you can do for the IIAR then becoming a board member is a great way to shape the direction of analyst relations globally, learn new skills, work with some great people and you have until 1700 BST on Wednesday 15th May 2019 to take that chance.
CCS Insight is a longstanding research firm headquartered in the UK, but with reach and clients into wider EMEA, the Americas and Asia Pac. This specialist technology market intelligence and advisory firm provides tailored, decision-ready solutions to their client base to help them ‘make sense of the connected world’.
This April 17th, we invite two of CCS Insight’s finest, VP of Research Martin Garner (Blog, @martin_garner, LinkedIn), and Principal Analyst for Digital Workplace Angela Ashenden (LinkedIn, @aashenden), to give us an overview of the firm’s research and advisory services and practice areas, and touch on their upcoming 2020 Predictions, a must-not-miss annual event in the diary for their clients. Continue Reading →
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 435,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com .
People in the Corporate Function career track contribute to the running of Accenture as a high- performance business through specialization within a specific functional area and grow into internally focused roles by deepening their skills and/or developing new skills within an internal functional area.
Marketing and Communications professionals build a powerful and differentiated global brand at the corporate, industry, capability and geography levels that supports the Accenture strategy; enhances long-term client relationships; inspires employees and candidates; and drives profitable revenue growth. Continue Reading →
Amdocs is seeking an Industry Analyst Relations Manager to join its highly experienced and dedicated Industry Analyst Relations team. In this role the individual will be responsible for the planning, execution, management and measurement of strategic AR programs, primarily focused on (but not restricted to) Amdocs Media business, a leading global provider of premium content services and media technology solutions.
As part of a closely connected AR team within Corporate Marketing, you will collaborate with senior internal stakeholders, business leaders and subject matter experts as well as Amdocs’ established and growing network of global and specialist analyst firms, helping to engage and develop relationships and build advocacy for Amdocs’ leading capabilities in the communications and media industries.
Desired Skills & Experience
- An Analyst Relations professional with 3-5+ years of experience in the planning, development and execution of global AR programs in a B2B technology environment, preferably telecommunications and / or media
- Whilst not essential, knowledge of the media technology space and existing analyst relationships within would be an advantage
- Strategic thinker with tactical execution skills; a flexible multi-tasker balancing long term relationship management with short term program goals
- Grasp of new technologies and approaches and their business impact
- A team player, contributor and collaborator able to effectively operate in a multi-national and cross functional environment
- An ambassador with the ability to broker successful working relationships with internal clients and external influencers, engendering goodwill, trust and advocacy
- Strong interpersonal communication with listening, writing and articulation skills, balancing attention to detail with management level summation
- Creative thinker with experience integrating analyst relations with other programs eg social media for optimal effect
- Location flexible, but London preferred. Some travel required (less than 20%)
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- Design and development of proactive campaigns to optimize positioning of Amdocs via the industry analyst channel
- Manage all elements of Amdocs Media AR program from concept to results, including:
- Timely response to incoming analyst requests to maximize coverage opportunities
- Key report management – identification, contribution and submissions, fact review and Amdocs-analyst liaison
- Relationship development and maintenance, ‘business as usual’ communications (inquiries, briefings, etc) and planned campaigns eg roadshows and events
- AR training and guidance for spokespeople
- Identification of and enrollment in cross-team opportunities and fund raising
- Program measurement and reporting
- Support team planning and preparation of analyst activity at Amdocs and industry events;
- Assist procurement and internal customers with subscription spend and paid for analyst engagements such as custom research projects, strategy days, speaking engagements, webinars, etc. as well as shortlisting, relationship and issue management.
- Create effective, timely communications both internally, to highlight AR success and share analyst insights and externally, to support Amdocs ‘sustain leadership’, ‘evangelize the brand’ and ‘expand and diversify’ AR goals
All Amdocs roles require strong verbal and written communications skills, position-appropriate mentoring/leadership abilities, ability to quickly master new systems and/or processes, capacity to stay organized while managing competing priorities, and a deep customer service orientation, both internally and externally.
VUBIQUITY, part of Amdocs (NASDAQ: DOX), connects content owners and video providers to deliver entertainment to viewers on any screen. Working with 600+ leading film studios, television networks, independent producers and Digital First providers, VUBIQUITY brings premium content to over 1,000 global video distributors. VUBIQUITY has offices in Los Angeles, Toronto and London. For the latest company news, follow us on Twitter @VUBIQUITY or visit www.vubiquity.com.
Amdocs is a leading software and services provider to communications and media companies of all sizes, accelerating the industry’s dynamic and continuous digital transformation. With a rich set of innovative solutions, long-term business relationships with 350 communications and media providers, and technology and distribution ties to 600 content creators, Amdocs delivers business improvements to drive growth. Amdocs and its 25,000 employees serve customers in over 85 countries. Listed on the NASDAQ Global Select Market, Amdocs had revenue of $4.0 billion in fiscal 2018. For more information, visit Amdocs at www.amdocs.com
For more information and to apply for this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please join us on Thursday February 7th, 2019 at 15.00pm GMT / 16.00pm CET/ 10.00am EST / 07.00am PT for a presentation and discussion with Paul Reynolds, Partner and Chief Research Office at ISG.
ISG is the leader in market research for the 45B Outsourcing Industry. Join this IIAR Event to better understand ISG’s position in the research market, and how you can work better with their advisors.
Paul Reynolds from ISG will be our host. Paul leads Momentum, a division of ISG that provides research services to help service providers better target, win and retain business. Paul has 25 years of market research experience with specific expertise in methodology development, data analytics and research process design. Having found many service providers’ Advisor Relations functions to lack appropriate analytics, Paul is working to develop innovative new approaches that allow for data-driven programs based on the unique needs of each client. His approach benefits Advisor Relations, go-to-market functions, sales, strategy, marketing, and market/competitive intelligence teams.
This webinar is free for members. To register for this Webinar please click to here
What is the future of Analyst Relations looking like? How is our field evolving?
Have you recently thought about:
- Whether AR is evolving into “Influencer Relations”?
- How AR is changing to meet the evolving IT industry analyst firm landscape?
- How AR can adapt to — and adopt — new ways of measuring AR productivity and effectiveness?
- What the “next chapter” in the AR field will be?