The IIAR> will soon release a new and long-awaited white paper that provides fresh insights and information into how the field of Analyst Relations will evolve and change over the coming 5-10 years. To mark the debut of this white paper, IIAR will host a webinar on the 5th December2019 at 0800 PST / 1000 EST / 1600 GMT to outline some of its key findings, and to discuss important considerations that will be relevant to everyone working in the Analyst Relations field.Continue Reading →
As the largest analyst firm, everyone in analyst relations is impacted by their relationship with Gartner. From contract negotiations to account management to research coverage, our AR programs are greatly impacted by Gartner’s offerings, communications.Continue Reading →
Fashionably late but always on point and by popular request here’s the IIAR Tragic Quadrant 2018, a representation of how Analyst Relations Professionals (AR Pros) have rated analyst firms in the 2018 survey we ran for the Analyst and Firm of the Year 2018.
For new readers here, the Tragic Quadrant is of course a pun on the infamous Gartner ‘Magic Quadrant’. We do not pretend this as an exhaustive analysis -nor is it a completely serious piece of research (the “Tragic” moniker is there as a reminiscence it should be taken with a pinch of salt). Nonetheless it is based on data and, as opposed to the Gartner Magic Quadrant, there are no magical and secretive weightings. As such, it is a good indication going back several years of the changes afoot in the industry analyst landscape and the judgement analyst relations professionals cast on industry research firms. And it provides actionable insights AR pros can use, something other surveys in this field often lack.Continue Reading →
Having just been through an onslaught of work related to the Forrester Wave™ evaluation on Zero Trust eXtended ecosystem platform providers, I think that it’s worthwhile to put some guidance out there that might help folks as they interact with analysts (well, me, mainly, but maybe it will help with others, as well). And a disclaimer: I don’t actively work with folks at other analyst firms, so take my humble advice here with a grain of salt; every analyst is a bit different, and each firm has its own way of doing things.Continue Reading →
We are looking for an exceptional individual to join our analyst relations program. This position is very strategic and will have a direct and immediate impact on Tanium’s success. Tanium is a product that spans both the ITOps and Security world. This role will cover two main aspects:
- Lead the Tanium Security Portfolio Analyst Relations (AR) efforts globally
- Build and run the Tanium EMEAR Regional AR program
Here are the top ten best practices we un-earthed during the IIAR> AR Professional Of The Year 2019 survey.
- Regular briefings
- Targeted coverage
- Open discussion about company strengths and weaknesses
- Sending the deck ahead of the briefing so there’s time to come up with in depth questions
- Well organised AR events that encourage conversation not mere presentations
- Support for research interviews, being pragmatic during Evaluative Research.
- When AR helps to get the right people on the table for f2f meetings and when AR gives feedback about what kind of information is the most valuable for its organization
- Pro-actively flagging developments in coverage areas
- Knowing the kind of material/projects my company works on.
- Sharing data under NDA
What you’ll be doing…
The Analyst Relations Manager is responsible for driving Analyst Relations projects that contribute to the overall success of the AR team and Corporate Communications department and manage the internal communication and sharing of relevant Analyst materials with key leaders and employees. Continue Reading →
CCS Insight is a longstanding research firm headquartered in the UK, but with reach and clients into wider EMEA, the Americas and Asia Pac. This specialist technology market intelligence and advisory firm provides tailored, decision-ready solutions to their client base to help them ‘make sense of the connected world’.
This April 17th, we invite two of CCS Insight’s finest, VP of Research Martin Garner (Blog, @martin_garner, LinkedIn), and Principal Analyst for Digital Workplace Angela Ashenden (LinkedIn, @aashenden), to give us an overview of the firm’s research and advisory services and practice areas, and touch on their upcoming 2020 Predictions, a must-not-miss annual event in the diary for their clients. Continue Reading →
I was fortunate to become an insurance industry analyst in 1997.
Before that time, I had worked in the business side of the insurance industry for 17 years (primarily in marketing and/or market research across all major lines of business) and then due to, what was to prove a very lucky event in hindsight, being caught up in a purge from John Hancock, becoming a management consultant. After eight years as a management consultant, I got and grabbed the opportunity to become an insurance industry analyst. I definitely found my true professional love being a part of the analyst community. [One difference between a management consultant and an analyst? Analysts don’t have to be nice!]
My insurance industry analyst experience included leading or launching and leading insurance strategic advisory services in the US and the UK. Looking back at those experiences at META Group, Financial Insights (IDC), and Ovum, these highlights standout to me. BTW Before going into my highlights I want to state that I respected all three firms for not being just vertical (i.e. industry) analyst firms but instead were homes for analysts from a large variety of IT and Telco disciplines as well as having vertical analysts. Continue Reading →
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 435,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com .
People in the Corporate Function career track contribute to the running of Accenture as a high- performance business through specialization within a specific functional area and grow into internally focused roles by deepening their skills and/or developing new skills within an internal functional area.
Marketing and Communications professionals build a powerful and differentiated global brand at the corporate, industry, capability and geography levels that supports the Accenture strategy; enhances long-term client relationships; inspires employees and candidates; and drives profitable revenue growth. Continue Reading →
Amdocs is seeking an Industry Analyst Relations Manager to join its highly experienced and dedicated Industry Analyst Relations team. In this role the individual will be responsible for the planning, execution, management and measurement of strategic AR programs, primarily focused on (but not restricted to) Amdocs Media business, a leading global provider of premium content services and media technology solutions.
As part of a closely connected AR team within Corporate Marketing, you will collaborate with senior internal stakeholders, business leaders and subject matter experts as well as Amdocs’ established and growing network of global and specialist analyst firms, helping to engage and develop relationships and build advocacy for Amdocs’ leading capabilities in the communications and media industries.
Desired Skills & Experience
- An Analyst Relations professional with 3-5+ years of experience in the planning, development and execution of global AR programs in a B2B technology environment, preferably telecommunications and / or media
- Whilst not essential, knowledge of the media technology space and existing analyst relationships within would be an advantage
- Strategic thinker with tactical execution skills; a flexible multi-tasker balancing long term relationship management with short term program goals
- Grasp of new technologies and approaches and their business impact
- A team player, contributor and collaborator able to effectively operate in a multi-national and cross functional environment
- An ambassador with the ability to broker successful working relationships with internal clients and external influencers, engendering goodwill, trust and advocacy
- Strong interpersonal communication with listening, writing and articulation skills, balancing attention to detail with management level summation
- Creative thinker with experience integrating analyst relations with other programs eg social media for optimal effect
- Location flexible, but London preferred. Some travel required (less than 20%)
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- Design and development of proactive campaigns to optimize positioning of Amdocs via the industry analyst channel
- Manage all elements of Amdocs Media AR program from concept to results, including:
- Timely response to incoming analyst requests to maximize coverage opportunities
- Key report management – identification, contribution and submissions, fact review and Amdocs-analyst liaison
- Relationship development and maintenance, ‘business as usual’ communications (inquiries, briefings, etc) and planned campaigns eg roadshows and events
- AR training and guidance for spokespeople
- Identification of and enrollment in cross-team opportunities and fund raising
- Program measurement and reporting
- Support team planning and preparation of analyst activity at Amdocs and industry events;
- Assist procurement and internal customers with subscription spend and paid for analyst engagements such as custom research projects, strategy days, speaking engagements, webinars, etc. as well as shortlisting, relationship and issue management.
- Create effective, timely communications both internally, to highlight AR success and share analyst insights and externally, to support Amdocs ‘sustain leadership’, ‘evangelize the brand’ and ‘expand and diversify’ AR goals
All Amdocs roles require strong verbal and written communications skills, position-appropriate mentoring/leadership abilities, ability to quickly master new systems and/or processes, capacity to stay organized while managing competing priorities, and a deep customer service orientation, both internally and externally.
VUBIQUITY, part of Amdocs (NASDAQ: DOX), connects content owners and video providers to deliver entertainment to viewers on any screen. Working with 600+ leading film studios, television networks, independent producers and Digital First providers, VUBIQUITY brings premium content to over 1,000 global video distributors. VUBIQUITY has offices in Los Angeles, Toronto and London. For the latest company news, follow us on Twitter @VUBIQUITY or visit www.vubiquity.com.
Amdocs is a leading software and services provider to communications and media companies of all sizes, accelerating the industry’s dynamic and continuous digital transformation. With a rich set of innovative solutions, long-term business relationships with 350 communications and media providers, and technology and distribution ties to 600 content creators, Amdocs delivers business improvements to drive growth. Amdocs and its 25,000 employees serve customers in over 85 countries. Listed on the NASDAQ Global Select Market, Amdocs had revenue of $4.0 billion in fiscal 2018. For more information, visit Amdocs at www.amdocs.com
For more information and to apply for this role, please contact email@example.com
What is the future of Analyst Relations looking like? How is our field evolving?
Have you recently thought about:
- Whether AR is evolving into “Influencer Relations”?
- How AR is changing to meet the evolving IT industry analyst firm landscape?
- How AR can adapt to — and adopt — new ways of measuring AR productivity and effectiveness?
- What the “next chapter” in the AR field will be?
Cylance is seeking an Analyst Relations Manager to help with Cylance’s strategy for working with industry analysts (Gartner, IDC, ESG, etc.), major technology organizations, and government organizations that drive regulatory issues. You will report the VP of Product & Solutions Marketing and be responsible for an industry relations program while working closely with our executive leadership. Cylance is currently disrupting enterprise markets and as well as the consumer market space, so we are seeking an individual with industry relations expertise in both markets. Continue Reading →
Who’d have thought Christmas would come this early? Grab a glass of bubbles, put on the festive music and light the fire. It’s time to unveil the IIAR Analyst Of The Year award winners.
2018 was a year in which influencer relations became more important in delivering business impact, and so unsurprisingly analysts’ voices have been a critical focus for sales enablement and marketing. We see analysts themselves continuing to build profile beyond repors, through social media and content, and in response organisations are ramping their commitment to tracking how analysts impact their brand. It’s an exciting, evolving time.
So for the IIAR community, it’s important to recognise the range of analysts and firms who are leading the way. We listen carefully to the voices of our members and remain fully engaged with the global analyst network.
To this end we’ve heard from the community in eleven countries across four continents. We’ve reviewed hundreds of nominations and thousands of point scores. Award winners were determined based on the scoring provided by IIAR members, in accordance with the IIAR SOSM methodology. The nominations therefore reflect the best practice promoted within the IIAR.
All of this leads to one thing – as a festive drumroll is unleashed – the award winners… Continue Reading →
This week, Forrester (Nasdaq: FORR) entered into a definitive agreement to acquire SiriusDecisions, for $245 million in cash. Larry Dignan at ZDNet did a great job breaking down the deal here. As with all acquisitions, many of the details have not been decided or announced yet, but as I long-time client of both firms, I wanted to share my perspective. Continue Reading →
Gartner Symposium, Gartner’s flagship event in Europe, attracted more than 8,000 visitors this year, and met or exceeded expectations, at least mine. The analysts were brilliant, inspiring speakers on stage and great advisors in the one2one meetings.
This was the first time in Europe that Mike Harris delivered the keynote, having taken over from Peter Sondergaard in the summer. It was a hard act to follow: Many attendees knew Sondergaard as an exceptionally gifted and inspiring speaker. Harris was different, of course. His presentation was strong and dynamic – and he came across as being very present, open and humble.
Harris outlined Gartner’s “Continuous Next” concept, referring to how the pace of innovation is accelerating and disrupting business models, and outlining the need for organizations to adapt to be successful. CIOs must adopt the role of business innovator and enabler, he said, and must interact with C-suite leaders to secure the foundation of digital business. In the era of Continuous Next, the CIO assumes responsibility for digital products and therefore controls not only technology and operations, but should also drive cultural change for the benefit of digital or business transformation. CIOs must also consider digital ethics before adopting new technologies.
Harris also noted that traditional enterprise roles, including HR, Sales, Marketing, Finance, Legal, Supply Chain will change as they all become digital. Continue Reading →
If you are going to the Gartner Symposium 2018, Barcelona, drop in to the IIAR Breakfast and join the discussion on all things AR related with Yvonne Kaupp (@YveKaupp, LinkedIn), IIAR Board Member (Chapter Liaison) and Senior Manager Analyst Relations and Market Strategy at Retarus.
We’ll have an update on the IIAR, discuss recent Gartner news and other AR topics.
- Proactively drive media coverage in the UK.
- Deliver and execute local media plans to publicise work of Accenture in target media.
- Provide timely responses to media and analyst requests. Liaise with and support colleagues in UK and globally to provide answers.
- Offer professional media advice to UK and global media colleagues and internally to stakeholders.
- Manage and develop professional working relationships with key journalists and clients.
- Provide media coaching and training for our spokespeople where necessary.
- Work closely and manage relevant relationships with our PR agencies.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Understanding of Accenture’s area of business and overall business strategy.
- Understanding of and ability to execute strategic PR and communications techniques.
- Good understanding of/ relationships with UK financial services media.
- Professional adviser to colleagues.
- Understanding and ability to apply message development skills.
- Global perspective and understanding of business marketplace.
- Project management skills.
- Demonstrate leadership skills.
- Ability to develop and apply creative, workable solutions to project-related issues.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to work independently.
Sage is a global company with a local heart. The market leader for cloud-based accounting, financials, enterprise management, people, and payroll software, we empower the world’s business heroes—from single-person startups to large enterprises. Our people are passionate and positive. We inspire our colleagues to serve business builders everywhere and champion their success. As a FTSE 100 company with 14,000 colleagues across 24 countries, we do business the right way, while giving back to our local communities through the Sage Foundation. Be Sage, build on. Continue Reading →