1E is looking for an experienced and energetic professional that understands the technology marketing technology industry and to fulfil the role of public relations manager. The role will focus on PR in the EMEA and the US.
- a piece in Information Week by David Carr (LinkedIn, @DavidFCarr) >
Gartner Magic Quadrant: NetScout Says Secret Is Green
- And this post by Duncan Chapple (LinkedIn, @DuncanChapple) of Kea >
Netscout unwisely sues Gartner for “Pay for Play”
- And finally this post by Richard Stiennon (LinkedIn, @stiennon) >
NetScout’s Great Blunder: Suing Gartner
Madan Sheina, one of Ovum’s highly regarded Analysts, tragically passed away recently. Madan possessed a rare combination of talents which allowed him to become a world class analyst, respected manager, a generous collaborator, and a fierce ambassador for quality. He was also always great fun to be around. Everyone at Ovum will remember him in terms of the profound impact he had, and will continue to have, on our business, our research, and our clients.
At 17:00 on the 26th June, the UK arm of the IIAR is meeting with Steve Hotham CEO of the newly merged Ovum / ITM Research company (which is branded Ovum), along with Martin Hill, MD of Ovum’s Telecoms Research and Consulting, and Ian Charlesworth, MD of Ovum’s IT Research and Consulting.
They will be presenting the new Ovum organisation and its new product range and capabilities as well as explaining the many changes that have taken place as a result of the merger, which was announced in April. Continue reading
Just hot from the press, French IT analysis firms CXP and PAC announced their merger. The press release below is scant on details, but it seems that VC-funded CXP snapped up privately owned PAC, both of which took over German firms BARC and Berlecon in the last few years.
On paper, it’s a good fit. Of course culturally, both being Franco-German and also on the business side with PAC selling to IT vendors and CXP mostly to IT users.
Their claim to be the leading European analysis firm conveniently forgets Ovum however…
More to follow soon.
Updated 15/06/14: register here for a an IIAR call with:
- Laurent Calot / CEO, CXP (LinkedIn, @LaurentCalot)
- Frederic Munch / CEO, PAC (LinkedIn, @FredMunch)
- Moderator: Ludovic Leforestier (LinkedIn, @lludovic)
It’s been quite a long time in the making, it follows many acquisition rumours, many merger denials, but it’s finally there: Ovum merges with Informa Telecom and Media.
On paper, it’s the fourth ICT analysis firm of the market, depending on where place the line between analysis and market research. The staff doesn’t change much and they’re keeping the stronger brand, Ovum.
The merged business, which will be fully integrated by the end of May, will be led by Steve Hotham, current MD of Ovum, who will become its CEO. Spread across 23 offices, in 6 continents, Ovum will employ 275 staff, including 180 analysts providing a combination of global and local insight.
The press release doesn’t menti0n end-user influence, a key difference between both firms, but the Ovum Industry Congress is coming soon and will be a good place to assess this.
There are few reasons to change my conclusions from a previous post:
Ovum remains a credible analyst firm in its key markets, so AR folks should not discount it
AR pros should look for opportunities to leverage this 180-analysts strong firm, while watching for coverage gaps
AR pros should consider Ovum’s vertical technology expertise when creating vertical AR plans/programmes as it’s part of its DNAAR pros should check vertical coverage outside of telco
Like many other research firms, Ovum needs to more clearly articulate its differentiation and generate market awareness via sharper thought leadership
Older posts on Ovum:
- Ovum, the quietly competent of ICT research industry?
- Ovum lays out its strategy to the IIAR
- IIAR US Teleconference with Ovum MD – Q&A session
- [GUEST POST] Despite it all, Ovum is still a tier one analyst
- Ovum AR community call tomorrow (22/11/11)
- Ovum divorces from Datamonitor and graduates to Informa ownership
- Ovum launches its ‘brief a ton’
- Ovum’s got a brand new AR soapbox
- IIAR Discussion Group – OVUM to Discuss the Black Book of Outsourcing
- The British Are Coming! Datamonitor stalks Gartner analysts
- WORLD EXCLUSIVE: Gideon Gartner on the IIAR Blog!
- An update from Ovum
- Brief summary of the last IIAR Forum presentation by Datamonitor