IDC Europe is looking for a Research Manager to build out its next-generation application services research. The successful candidate will report to the management of IDC European Enterprise Research Group.
IDC Europe is looking for a Research Lead to build out its services research. The successful candidate will report to the management of IDC European Enterprise Research Group.
IDC is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications, and consumer technology markets. With more than 1,100 analysts worldwide, IDC offers global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries.
IDC’s Personal Computing Devices research group in Europe is looking for a Senior research analyst to support the expansion of its research and business.
This is a highly visible position that requires the candidate to develop cutting-edge qualitative and quantitative research for IDC’s exceptionally diverse base of clients that includes hardware and software vendors and providers of IT services. A successful candidate will be a subject-matter expert on personal computers (notebooks, desktops, workstations and gaming computers), and related technologies, and will have a strong knowledge of distribution and commercial channels. The focus of the role is to develop ongoing syndicated research and custom research for specific projects, as well as be a key quantitative contributor to the IDC Personal Computing Devices Tracker Program.
IDC’s PCD research helps IT Vendors and end users understand the impact of personal devices and emerging technologies on their business plans and execution. These emerging technologies include Cognitive Computing, Robotics, Mobile Systems, Advanced Security, among other leading-edge technologies. We are looking for innovative thinkers to take a dynamic role within the team, promoting and supporting industry-specific IT market research. Candidates should bring extensive knowledge especially in the analysis of the value and trends of IT investment across industry sectors and among small and medium-sized companies. The candidate will work with industry leaders to identify and analyze strategic business issues and key use cases for a wide range of technology solutions.
The role is based in London, and will involve some travel, predominantly in Europe but occasionally to other regions.
Innovation, innovation! Non profit organisation requires an Interim Market Intelligence Manager to lead the Market Intelligence Team and build the organisation’s understanding of markets, technologies and innovations and how these will and can be disrupted in the future. You will develop strategies for bringing key players together to kickstart the creation of a new industry of innovation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide excellent front line management to the members of the Market Intelligence team.
- Support the organisation’s New Market Opportunities Programme, leading on the identification of future markets and strategy development for realisation of these markets.
- Support the organisation’s strategy development, including identification of future priorities in the advanced urban services sector.
- Lead on deliverables for commercial and research projects.
- Own and deliver the internal market scanning processes and the horizon scanning programme.
- Support and represent the thought leadership activities as one of the organisation’s lead experts for the state of the industry.
- Build, lead and manage the Market Intelligence Team in delivery of market analysis, research and strategy for projects across the organisation.
- Support business development, project planning and resource management for external opportunities related to Market Intelligence.
- Drive team productivity and quality of the team’s deliverables, including quality control.
To be considered for this role you will need the following skills and experience:
- BA required; preference for advanced degrees and for background in social sciences, engineering or natural sciences.
- Previous demonstrable experience managing high performing teams towards successful delivery of projects.
- Demonstrable experience in developing credible market intelligence for decisions making and for national dissemination.
- Experience in market analysis within public services, infrastructure or technology-related sectors.
- Experience in digital or innovation strategy and roadmap development in a multi stakeholder environment.
- Experience working in an innovation environment and comfort working under ambiguous or fast-changing project parameters.
- Demonstrable skills in communication and stakeholder management.
- Collaborative working style and comfort working in teams.
- You can also be considered for the permanent role
CB Resourcing operates as both an employment agency and an employment business. Applicants will need to be able to provide us with proof of their eligibility to work in the UK on request.
IDC is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications, and consumer technology markets. IDC helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and business strategy. More than 1000 IDC analysts provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries worldwide. For more than 50 years, IDC has provided strategic insights to help our clients achieve their key business objectives. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world’s leading technology media, research, and Event Company.
About the position
IDC Europe is looking for a Research Lead to build out its European infrastructure research. The successful candidate will report to the management of IDC European Infrastructure group. The role is located either at our London office or office in Germany: Frankfurt / Munich.
A specialist international research and advisory firm has a requirement for a Research Director in London to oversee the management and growth of research programs across Europe for PC, tablets and related devices. Continue Reading →
A specialist international research and advisory firm has a requirement for a Research Senior Consultant Manager. This full-time position will be based in London and play a key role in the identification and execution of bespoke technology research projects. The role has a strong focus on business development and project delivery.
The primary responsibilities and objectives of this Senior Consultant Manager requirement include, but are not limited to:
- Business development and identifying customer requirements
- Extensive customer interaction to identify and scope project requirements
- Ensuring that customer projects are successfully delivered and meet expectations
- Providing customers with advice and insight related to planning, go-to-market or strategic needs
- Being an expert in technology or market developments
- Developing consulting practices and frameworks
To be suitable for this Senior Consultant Manager, candidates require the following skills and experience:
- Experience in a similar Consultant Manager role, gained in a consultancy, analytical or IT vendor environment
- An in-depth understanding of the IT industry ecosystem including changes, threats and opportunities
- The ability to operate as a Thought Leader, this would include the ability to provide insight on market dynamics and trends
- A demonstrable track record as an analyst and in the creation of written content
- The ability to present to senior stakeholders
- Experience navigating a complex internal structure in which resources and stakeholders may be geographically dispersed over multiple locations
- Willing and able to undertake occasional travel, particularly within the EU region
CB Resourcing operates as both an employment agency and an employment business. Applicants will need to be able to provide us with proof of their eligibility to work in the UK upon request.
To apply for this position, please click here
The Analyst Relations & Marketing Intelligence Specialist will be responsible for driving, executing, and managing the company’s visibility, interaction and influence within a diverse analyst community. Crucial to this role will be planning activities for key vendor evaluations, events, and other elements resulting in a positive representation of the company. In this role, the specialist will also be required to provide actionable intelligence generated from data gathered from multiple sources like primary research and secondary research to assist in strategic decision-making. Continue Reading →
Analysts are recognizing Microsoft for its remarkable transformation and at the same time there is an explosion of digital transformation research. As a result, we are looking for a technologically perceptive individual to craft and execute our analyst engagement strategy for Business Applications. Satya Nadella has identified business applications as one of Microsoft’s five customer-focused solution areas. Satya along with our cloud leaders understand how each business process can and is being digitized. Dynamics 365 and LinkedIn Business Solutions are core to our success. Analysts recognize the business disruption opportunity as well. As a result, many industry experts are crafting research to help customers choose the right strategy, the right technology and the implementation best practices. The ideal candidate will foster the right relationships and a strategic advisor to ensure Microsoft’s presence and positive perceptions in this research.
If you have a passion for driving thought-leadership initiatives and love the art and science of building industry relationships, we’d love to talk with you. You are known as a strategic advisor, and a knowledgeable business partner. You are optimistic, willing to try new approaches, have the desire to learn and the resilience to press on.
Analysts are recognizing Microsoft for its remarkable transformation. Beyond our tech innovations in cloud, data and AI, they appreciate our customer centricity, new culture and growth mindset. Data and AI are foundational to helping achieve the company’s mission of “empowering every person and organization on the planet to achieve more”. And the company is investing deeply in these areas to build solutions to help customers transform their businesses. As a result, we are expanding our analyst relations team to focus on data and AI.
We believe the core currency of any business is the ability to convert data into AI that drives a competitive advantage. Microsoft’s data products and services, which includes SQL Server, Azure SQL DB, and Azure Cosmos DB, are at the heart of this strategy. Microsoft has been recognized by industry analysts, in multiple reports, as a leader for our execution and vision for data & AI. Customers rely on these analyst reports, and on the guidance provided by industry analysts, to understand how Microsoft can empower their organization to achieve more. Continue Reading →
From CB Resourcing, the recruitment firm who just delivered the IIAR & CB Resourcing Salary Survey: several research analyst positions are available in financial services, retail and telecom across different companies in London.