IDC Europe is looking for a Research Manager to build out its next-generation application services research. The successful candidate will report to the management of IDC European Enterprise Research Group.
In this role, you will be tasked with bringing forward a compelling research agenda around the evolving and next generation application development, testing and deployment services landscape with a European focus.
Essential to this role are:
- Thought leadership to shape a research agenda around “big mover” topics
- Customer facing activities including ad hoc meetings and analyst events
- Output of deliverables such as reports, webcasts and presentations that feed into strategic advisory and go-to-market engagements across Europe.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Already well-established with a broad network in the application services space (vendors and/or buyers)
- Able to quickly build an internal network with IDC analysts covering complementary areas
- Working closely with IDC sales and consultants to fulfil projects, help drive business development and support events.
Interested individuals that meet the following minimum requirements are encouraged to apply:
- Minimum 5-years job experience in marketing, market research, management consulting or market intelligence
- A domain expert in the custom application development services space, with proven knowledge around application development, testing, deployment (including topics such as Agile, DevOps, Digital Engineering, Automation and Continuous Delivery) and cloud/platform topics
- Confident and credible manners to lead customer discussions
- Experience advising how to bring technology to market (e.g. route to markets, pricing, customer segmentation etc.)
- Versatility in dealing with a broad range of application development lifecycle services topics
- Excellent team player, able to coordinate research with analysts outside the core team
- Exceptional communication skills – written and verbal mastery of English required
- Exposure to European macroeconomics and large IT buyer behaviour
- Business acumen and appetite to drive business
- Minimum university or college degree, BA, BSc or equivalent
- Additional European languages a strong plus
The role will be based out of one of IDC European offices and involve some travel, predominantly within the region.
In addition to a competitive remuneration package, IDC offers the chance to join a research team in the industry’s foremost provider of market intelligence, providing expert advice to major organisations in Europe.
The selection process will take place in several phases, starting with an initial telephone-based discussion before progressing to a formal interview at IDC’s offices.
Click here to apply for this role