IDC Europe is looking for a Research Lead to build out its services research. The successful candidate will report to the management of IDC European Enterprise Research Group.
IDC is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications, and consumer technology markets. With more than 1,100 analysts worldwide, IDC offers global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries.
In this role, you will be tasked with bringing forward a compelling research agenda around the evolving services landscape with a European focus.
Essential to this role are:
- Thought leadership to shape a research agenda around “big mover” topics
- Customer facing activities including ad hoc meetings and analyst events
- Output of deliverables such as reports, webcasts and presentations that feed into strategic advisory and go-to-market engagements across Europe.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Already well-established with a broad network in the IT services space (vendors and/or buyers)
- Able to quickly build an internal network with IDC analysts covering complementary areas
- Working closely with IDC sales and consultants to fulfil projects, help drive business development and support events.
Interested individuals that meet the following minimum requirements are encouraged to apply:
- Minimum 8-years job experience in marketing, market research, management consulting or market intelligence
- A domain expert in the enterprise IT space, with proven knowledge around infrastructure hardware/software/cloud topics
- Confident and credible manners to lead customer discussions
- Versatility in dealing with a broad range of IT topics
- Excellent team player, able to coordinate research with analysts outside the core team
- Exceptional communication skills – written and verbal mastery of English required
- Business acumen and appetite to drive a P&L
- Minimum university or college degree, BA, BSc or equivalent
- Staff and P&L management experience
- Additional European languages a strong plus
- Exposure to European macroeconomics and large IT buyer behaviour
- In-depth expertise in at least one infrastructure area (e.g. infrastructure at service providers, hyperconverged, infrastructure software, IoT infrastructure, ITSM, cloud technologies etc.)
- Experience advising how to bring technology to market (e.g. route to markets, pricing, customer segmentation etc.)
The role will be based out of one of IDC European offices and involve some travel, predominantly within the region.
In addition to a competitive remuneration package, IDC offers the chance to join a research team in the industry’s foremost provider of market intelligence, providing expert advice to major organisations in Europe.
The selection process will take place in several phases, starting with an initial telephone-based discussion before progressing to a formal interview at IDC’s offices.
IDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, handicap, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, ancestry, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or other categories protected by law.
Click here to apply for this role.