IDC is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications, and consumer technology markets. IDC helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and business strategy. More than 1000 IDC analysts provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries worldwide. For more than 50 years, IDC has provided strategic insights to help our clients achieve their key business objectives. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world’s leading technology media, research, and Event Company.
About the position
IDC Europe is looking for a Research Lead to build out its European infrastructure research. The successful candidate will report to the management of IDC European Infrastructure group. The role is located either at our London office or office in Germany: Frankfurt / Munich.
In this role, you will be tasked with bringing forward a compelling research agenda around enterprise IT infrastructure with an European focus.
Essential to this role are:
- Thought leadership to shape a research agenda around “big mover” topics
- Customer facing activities including ad hoc meetings and analyst events
- Output of deliverables such as reports, webcasts and presentations that feed into strategic advisory and go-to-market engagements across Europe.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Already well-established with a broad network in the IT infrastructure space (vendors or buyers)
- Able to quickly build an internal network with IDC analysts covering complementary areas
- Working closely with IDC sales and consultants to fulfil projects, help drive business development and support events.
Interested individuals that meet the following minimum requirements are encouraged to apply:
- Minimum 8-years job experience in marketing, market research, management consulting or market intelligence
- A domain expert in the enterprise IT space, with proven knowledge around infrastructure hardware/software/cloud topics
- Confident and credible manners to lead customer discussions
- Versatility in dealing with a broad range of IT topics
- Excellent team player, able to coordinate research with analysts outside the core team
- Exceptional communication skills – written and verbal mastery of English required
- Business acumen and appetite to drive a P&L
- Minimum university or college degree, BA, BSc or equivalent
- Staff and P&L management experience
- Additional European languages a strong plus
- Exposure to European macroeconomics and large IT buyer behaviour
- In-depth expertise in at least one infrastructure area (e.g. infrastructure at service providers, hyperconverged, infrastructure software, IoT infrastructure, ITSM, cloud technologies etc.)
- Experience advising how to bring technology to market (e.g. route to markets, pricing, customer segmentation etc.)
The role will be based out of one of IDC European offices and involve some travel, predominantly within the region.
In addition to a competitive remuneration package, IDC offers the chance to join a research team in the industry’s foremost provider of market intelligence, providing expert advice to major organisations in Europe.
The selection process will take place in several phases, starting with an initial telephone-based discussion before progressing to a formal interview at IDC’s offices.
Click here to apply for this role.