A few inches of snow in the deep midwinter in Munich didn’t stop the 2018 IIAR German chapter kick-off from going ahead, with six intrepid AR professionals getting together to exchange news, views and the occasional snippet of gossip – under Chatham House rules, of course.
Hosted by IIAR Germany chapter leads Yvonne Kaupp (@YveKaupp, LinkedIn) and Simon Jones (@simondestrier, LinkedIn), the networking event was focused on the topic of “how to run an effective inquiry”, with IIAR members and guests (our “prospective members”) sharing best practice and experiences. One point which came through loud and clear is that everyone is nervous about running their first analyst inquiry calls – usually related to having enough questions to ask in a 30-minute call.
Expert opinion from the other side of the table was on hand, with Munich-based Gartner analyst Fabio Di Capua (@fabiodik, LinkedIn) joining the networking evening. The simple answer is: Don’t worry – you don’t necessarily need to use the whole 30 minutes – and if you run out of time, you can always book another one. One key tip for AR professionals: Always be generous in providing stars for your analyst inquiries, because your analyst contacts will appreciate it!
The get-together kicked off a busy year ahead for the IIAR in Germany – watch this space for details of a networking event in Berlin, and save the date for the IIAR Germany beer garden get-together in Munich on June 7, from 1700 CET.
New sign-ups for the growing IIAR Germany membership are welcome – or contact us for details using the form below. You can even join the IIAR via credit card.
- IIAR> Monthly Meet-up November 2022
- IIAR> Monthly Meet-up June 2022: offerings beyond Gartner
- IIAR> Monthly Meet-up May 2022: Gartner Peer Insights
- The Road to Ukraine and back – a personal report about making a difference in one family’s life
- IIAR> Monthly Meet-up March 2022: leverage AR for marketing
- IIAR> welcomes new German Chapter Co-Lead
- IIAR> Webinar: Analyst Relations in Europe on the rise
- IIAR> Monthly Meet-up Mar’21
- IIAR> German Chapter Christmas Meet-up and Chat
- Wrap-up: IIAR Germany 2018 kick-off
- IIAR> German Summer Stammtisch 2017: scope of AR, ISG/Experton and Paulaner
- IIAR> Munich Beer Garden Event – Join us on July 27 for the next IIAR> German Chapter Stammtisch!
- IIAR> Webinar: Crisp Research outlines European expansion
- IIAR> German Chapter Stammtisch in Munich beer garden
- IIAR Best Practice Paper: Agile Analyst Relations
- 3rd German Chapter Stammtisch in Munich
- 3rd German IIAR Stammtisch on October 20th
- IIAR German Chapter Stammtisch – Join us on October 20th in Munich
- “Why should I speak with him and her”
- IIAR Germany Stammtisch Event – 22nd Jan 15
- IIAR Germany 2nd Stammtisch Event
- First German IIAR Stammtisch kicks off
- IIAR Stammtisch in Munich – 24th June 14
- Making the most of CeBIT (even at the last minute)
- The IIAR opens its German Chapter
- Tuesday: pre-CeBIT IIAR call on AR in Germany
- Team Work Needed for 2009!
You must log in to post a comment.