IDC parent changes owner
Blackstone, the famous investment fund, has announced today it is acquiring IDG, the parent company of IDC from the current China Oceanwide. It is thus still privately owned but now by a US company. IDC is about a quarter of IDG’s group but it is likely to be one of the most profitable business units as the rest of IDG is a media and event business, impacted by falling digital advertising yields and the pandemic.
This is of course a very relevant development for IDC and our conversation with Crawford Del Prete and Meredith Wahlen next week -keep reading!
IDC to acquire Metri
On 18 May, International Data Corporation (IDC) announced that it has acquired Metri, an independent IT benchmarking, sourcing, and performance measurement firm. The deal adds IT budget and operations benchmarking capabilities to IDC’s existing robust price benchmarking solutions, creating an unmatched end-to-end source for the IT buyer that will help drive measurable business value.
IIAR> webinar with IDC
Join us on Wednesday 9th June 2021 for a webinar with IDC’s President Crawford Del Prete (@Craw, LinkedIn) and Chief Research Officer Meredith Whalen (@meredithwhalen, LinkedIn) to discuss both events and how it will impact analyst relations professionals. Crawford and Meredith will be hosted by IIAR > Board member Ludovic Leforestier (@lludovic, LinkedIn) and IIAR> UK Chapter co-lead Anja Steinmann / (LinkedIn, @AnjaSteinmann).
IIAR> membership is required. We’d like to keep these sessions very informal, open mic and open discussion.
When> Wednesday 09 June 2021
Time> 1700 BST
Where> Zoom, please register in advance and you will receive the joining details
Other posts about IDC
- IIAR> Webinar on recent IDC/ Metri and Blackstone/ IDG acquisitions with IDC’s President Crawford Del Prete and CRO, Meredith Whalen
- Around Pete Marston from IDC in 10 questions
- IIAR> Webinar: Analyst Pet Peeves- Things AR Pros need to pay attention to
- IIAR> Webinar: IDC in 2021
- IIAR> Discussion Group: approaching research contracts negotiations in a pandemic
- IIAR> Webinar: IDC EMEA update with Duncan Brown
- Duncan Brown returns to IDC (again)
- A turn of the tides? The IIAR> Analyst and Firm Of The Year 2019
- The IIAR Tragic Quadrant 2018
- [GUEST POST] Looking Back at Three Analyst Firms by Barry Rabkin / Market Insight Group