The field of influencer & analyst relations (AR) has evolved over the last decade —as more influencers, social media and technology change the game, and as AR is increasingly recognised as a strategic priority. The value that AR brings to organisations has even translated to compensation significantly increasing over the past 10 years.
A new IIAR> Primer: What is Analyst Relations (AR) and the AR job description by Ludovic Leforestier / IIAR> Board Member and Starsight Communications Founder (@lludovic, LinkedIn) and Trish Valladares / Marketing and CX Associate, ARInsights (LinkedIn) has been published in August 2021, offering a definition of the role, what it entails and how it differs from PR. A detailed appendix provides job descriptions for all role levels.
The IIAR> defines analyst & influencer relations as follows:
Analyst & influencer relations (AR) professionals engage with industry analysts and other B2B influencers on behalf of technology vendors. They build relationships with the analyst community and drive conversations about vendors and their solutions to gain strategic insights, educate analysts to help them knowledgeably position vendors with their user clients and leverage analyst research and content for marketing purposes and advocacy with technology buyers.IIAR> Primer: What is analyst relations by Ludovic Leforestier (@lludovic, LinkedIn) and Trish Valladares (LinkedIn), August 2021.
IIAR> Webinar: What is Analyst Relations (AR) and how is it evolving?
On Thursday 30th September, Trish and Ludovic will moderate a panel of AR leaders and professionals to discuss the scope and evolution of the AR role with the following participants:
- Alexia O’Sullivan / Global Analyst Relations Leader, EY (@AlexiaOSullivan, LinkedIn)
- Allen Valahu / Global Industry Analyst Relations Managing Director, Accenture (@AllenValahu, LinkedIn)
- Aniruddho Mukherjee / Head of Analyst Relations at HCL Technologies (@aniruddho, LinkedIn)
- Ricarda Rodatus / SVP of Analyst Relations at Oracle (@rodatusr, LinkedIn)
- Robin Schaffer / Principal AR Consultant, Schaffer AR (@robinjs19, LinkedIn)
We will discuss the following themes and more:
- How does AR continue to evolve?
- How can AR add value to any organisation?
- What does the future of AR look like?
Register below to learn from our panel of experts and share your own experiences!
The webinar is hosted by IIAR> Board Member Ludovic Leforestier (@lludovic, LinkedIn), IIAR> Co-Founder & Board Member and Starsight Communications founder with Trish Valladares (LinkedIn), Marketing and CX Associate at ARInsights.
When> Thursday 30th September 2021
Time> 1700 BST / 1800 CET / 1200pm EDT / 0900 PDT (click link to see event time where you are).
IIAR> Primer: What is Analyst Relations (AR) and how is it evolving?
- Ludovic Leforestier (@lludovic, LinkedIn) / Founder, Starsight Communications and IIAR> Board Member
- Trish Valladares (LinkedIn) / Marketing & CX Associate, ARInsights.
Date: August 2021.
Resources for IIAR> members
- Link to PDF for IIAR> Members > IIAR> Primer: What is Analyst Relations (AR) and how is it evolving?
- Link to the recording for for IIAR> Members > IIAR> Webinar recap: What is analyst & influencer relations (AR)?
- Alexia O’Sullivan / EY
- Caroline Dennington / Dennington AR
- Noury Bernard-Hasan / Amazon
- Ricarda Rodatus / Oracle
- Robin Schaffer / Schaffer AR
Other IIAR> Best Practices Papers
- Full list here > IIAR> Thought Leadership
- IIAR> Best Practice Paper: Engage the right audience, using analyst tiering
- IIAR> Discussion Group: managing Analyst-Advisory Day
- IIAR> Best Practices Paper: running and leveraging analyst inquiries
- IIAR> Best Practices Paper: Delivering AR Programmatically with Campaigns
- IIAR> Primer: Why should startups and scale-ups have an analyst relations strategy?
- IIAR> Best Practices Paper: Running an industry analyst briefing
- IIAR> Webinar recap: What is analyst & influencer relations (AR)?
- IIAR> Primer: What is Analyst Relations (AR) and how is it evolving?
- IIAR> Best Practices Paper: Building an effective AR plan
- IIAR> Best Practices Webinar: Strategic Analyst Tiering For Digital Business