Most AR professionals recognise the importance of measurement and evaluation, but many admit that it’s a subject they struggle with.
To help AR professionals improve their knowledge and understanding, we held a best practice conference call during June on “The Fundamentals of AR Measurement and Evaluation”.
On the panel were two in-house AR leaders:
- Kathy Nottingham – director of industry analyst relations for Lawson Software.
- Pauline Respondek – senior manager, market intelligence – EMEA for Research in Motion.
Joining them were two specialist AR consultants:
- Martin Tilling – VP services at Lighthouse Analyst Relations
- Stephen England – president and partner at The Knowledge Capital Group
The final panel member was Dr Ralf Leinemann – marketing program director for Matchcode. Ralf has authored several books on marketing communications and measurement and evaluation across a range of PR disciplines.
The call heard a world class panel cover three main areas
- why measure AR
- how to measure AR (activity reporting v media coverage v perception tracking v report mentions v sales impact etc), and
- the limitations (aka the importance of setting expectations).
In addition, Kathy shared insights into the work that Lawson is doing on how analyst relations drives sales while Pauline talked about how RIM uses a range of tools to determine the effectiveness of its AR activities.
Many thanks to all our panellists for sharing their experience, knowledge and opinions.
Thanks also to T-Systems for donating the conference call facility.
A recording of the call is available for members to download from the IIAR website, along with the presentation slides used by Kathy and Pauline.
We are also writing a white paper on the subject which will be available in the next couple of months.