Most AR professionals recognise the importance of measurement and evaluation, but many admit that it’s a subject they struggle with.
To help AR professionals improve their knowledge and understanding, we held a best practice conference call during June on “The Fundamentals of AR Measurement and Evaluation”.
On the panel were two in-house AR leaders:
- Kathy Nottingham – director of industry analyst relations for Lawson Software.
- Pauline Respondek – senior manager, market intelligence – EMEA for Research in Motion.
Joining them were two specialist AR consultants:
- Martin Tilling – VP services at Lighthouse Analyst Relations
- Stephen England – president and partner at The Knowledge Capital Group
The final panel member was Dr Ralf Leinemann – marketing program director for Matchcode. Ralf has authored several books on marketing communications and measurement and evaluation across a range of PR disciplines.
The call heard a world class panel cover three main areas
- why measure AR
- how to measure AR (activity reporting v media coverage v perception tracking v report mentions v sales impact etc), and
- the limitations (aka the importance of setting expectations).
In addition, Kathy shared insights into the work that Lawson is doing on how analyst relations drives sales while Pauline talked about how RIM uses a range of tools to determine the effectiveness of its AR activities.
Many thanks to all our panellists for sharing their experience, knowledge and opinions.
Thanks also to T-Systems for donating the conference call facility.
A recording of the call is available for members to download from the IIAR website, along with the presentation slides used by Kathy and Pauline.
We are also writing a white paper on the subject which will be available in the next couple of months.
Must reads for IIAR Members
- IIAR Best Practices Paper on AR Measurement
- IIAR Best Practice Paper: Plan your analyst relations programme with the AR Compass
- IIAR> Primer: Why should startups and scale-ups have an analyst relations strategy? – 22/11/21
- IIAR> Best Practice Call: AR Measurement – 17/06/20
- Effective Measurement: ARe we there yet? – 1/06/18
- IIAR Webinar: A Discussion on Effective AR Measurement and Amplification – 18/04/18
- [GUEST POST] Five timeless questions about analyst relations – 25/06/15
- “Why should I speak with him and her” – 29/01/15
- IIAR Webinar: Best Practices in Measurement (11th July) – 2/07/13
- IIAR Webinar: Best Practices in Measurement (to be rescheduled in July) – 16/06/13
- IIAR Best Practice Webinar: A practical guide to measurement – 17/05/13
- Next IIAR discussion group call on AR measurement and evaluation – 14/01/10
- New IIAR Best Practices Paper on AR Measurement – 27/11/09
- The Fundamentals of AR Measurement and Evaluation – 7/07/08
2 thoughts on “The Fundamentals of AR Measurement and Evaluation”
Pingback: Bookmarks about Measurement
Pingback: GUEST POST: So what to social media? | The IIAR Blog
You must log in to post a comment.