A few weeks ago, right before most of us went on our summer holidays we hosted the annual IIAR Summer Networking event at the EY offices in London, a party kindly sponsored by HCL Technologies and EY. As we begin to settle back into daily work routines, we wanted to take a moment to ponder the event, the conversations had, the old relationships that were nurtured and the new ones formed.
During the evening, we welcomed almost 40 industry analysts from firms including Gartner, IDC, Ovum, 451 Research, CCS Insight, Heavy Reading, Navigant Research, Freeform Dynamics, Bloor Research and IHS Markit. We were pleased to see so many AR professionals from companies including EY, Cisco, Criteo, GSMA and Vertiv, as well from agencies including Destrier, BITE, CCgroup and Chameleon. With the World Cup England-Croatia game on and stunning views to admire for the non-football fans in the room, there’s no wonder that the conversations were more effervescent that the prosecco enjoyed by attendees. It was a delightful evening which sparked conversations around AR best practice, analyst priorities, as well as informal topics, testament to the great relationships in the community.
During the evening, the IIAR recognised the AR professionals who go above and beyond in their career and have gained the respect and appreciation of analysts globally. Congratulations again to all winners and runners-up and we hope to continue to work closely with you to promote AR best practice.
While the World Cup may have finished, the IIAR’s AR Professional of the year results are still generating buzz and we will be running a webinar for IIAR members for a deep-dive on methodology, key takeaways and analyst feedback, as well as their significance for the AR profession. On Wednesday, 29th August at 1600 BST we will be hosting a webinar discussing the responses from analysts at over 60 firms who rated over 400 professionals, 85 agencies, 9 megavendors, and gave the IIAR a comprehensive set of insights on best practices.
To register please contact the IIAR community manager Fionnula Fitzsimons using the form below.
During the webinar we will have a quick refresher on The Three Rs of Analyst Relations, which form the basis for the IIAR survey that is sent out to analysts to vote on the AR Professional of the Year:
- Responsiveness– analysts expect AR pros to revert back to them in a timely fashion with the information required for their research
- Relationships– analysts have many stakeholders; they rely on someone that’s easy to deal with and always goes that extra mile
- Results– can AR pros deliver results for their employers?
We will then discuss the survey methodology, drill into main analyst feedback and insight which are valuable resources that can help AR professionals to rethink their approach and create programmes that resonate with the analyst community.
As in previous years, we will highlight and discuss the main AR annoyances for analysts as well as best practice that sets AR pros apart in the eyes of analysts.This webinar will host and spark insightful dialogues on AR best practice and the future of the AR industry, and we hope that you can join us!
The webinar is free to attend for IIAR members and will take place on Wednesday, 29th August at 1600 BST. To register please contact the IIAR community manager Fionnula Fitzsimons at using the form below.
- 10 things analysts want most
- IIAR> Webinar: Analyst Relations Professional and Analyst Relations Team of the Year 2019
- Around Peggy O’Neill, IIAR> AR Professional of the Year 2019 in 10 questions
- “Celebrate good times, come on”! Announcing the IIAR Analyst Professional and Teams of the Year 2019
- IIAR’s Analyst Relations Professional and Analyst Relations Team of the Year 2018 Webinar
- Around Amal Nichols from Cisco in 10 questions
- No penalty shoot out required: the IIAR Analyst Relations Professional of the Year 2018
- The IIAR Summer Party celebrating the IIAR AR Professional and Team of 2018
- IIAR Webinar: IIAR Analyst Relation Professionals and Teams of the Year 2017
- Around Renata Barros from Cisco in 10 questions