This was a question asked on the new Forrester AR community, so I thought I’d point readers to some older conversations where that topic was pretty much nailed.
1. IMHO, tiering should be at the individual analyst level and not at the firm. Read my comment here:
2. Still IMHO and still in that comment I made the point that tiering should be related to the AR plan objectives.
Read also the conversation here:
Finally, there’s an IIAR Best Practices Paper – A New Foundational Approach to Analyst Tiering « The IIAR Blog (IIAR membership required).
IIAR Best Practice Paper on tiering
Other AR Best Practice posts
- [GUEST POST] How to lose an industry analyst in 10 days (and ways)
- IIAR Best Practices Webinar: Strategic Analyst Tiering For Digital Business
- Why and how should you tier the analysts?
- Latest IIAR Best Practices Paper – A New Foundational Approach to Analyst Tiering