The Gartner Ombudswoman has just blogged >link< about a new frequently asked questions document on the Gartner Magic Quadrant. Overall it’s really useful and contains many points that AR pros should know.
For instance, did you know the analysts had to raise a business case for every new MQ? This is meant to limit their numbers (there’s been in the past some MQ’s ranking very few vendors for instance) and ensure consistency, but as a potentially it can contribute curb the number of local magic quadrant (i.e. EMEA MQ’s for instance) -so watch this space.
I’ve also added a comment on Marketscopes, what do you think?
Other posts on the subject:
- Gartner details the MQ process
- IIAR publishes Best Practice Paper on Managing the Gartner MQ
- Gartner engages in debates on their blog
- WORLD EXCLUSIVE: Gideon Gartner on the IIAR Blog!
- Downfall: Gartner MQ and learnings