After over 12 years in Cannes, the Gartner Symposium is moving to Barcelona. The events team told me that they were going to move it in 2012 anyway, but had to do it one year earlier because of the G20 (you know, that meeting that’s turned into a Greek tragedy). Anyhow, is there anyone here who remembers when it all started? I’ve been to about 12 and lost the count…
Here is a summary of activities for AR pros in general.
Monday 7th November 2011
- 0930-1030 – Barcelona “Optimizing Relationships With Analyst Firms” Tutorial
Timor Meeting Room, Hilton Diagonal Mar Hotel This is a seminar organized by Gartner, see below for the description.
Tuesday 8th November 2011
- 1530-1830 – Barcelona AR Forum and Cocktail Reception
Ballroom C, Hilton Diagonal Mar Hotel
Gene Hall, Peter Sondergaard, Jeff Golterman will as usual present a business and research update. Caroline Dennington (@CIARgirl) from Symantec and myself will be on a panel. Do sent any questions you’d like to be asked to Gartner my way (DM @iiar or email lleforestier a.t analstrelationsdotorg)
- 2030- IIAR Café
This is the usual social for IIAR Members, the details are on Huddle. Except since many need their beauty sleep, we’re doing dinner rather than breakfast.
Barcelona “Optimizing Relationships With Analyst Firms” Tutorial
New to Working With Gartner Analysts?
For those new to AR or new to working with Gartner, we are holding a “Optimizing Relationships With Gartner Analysts” tutorial on Monday, 7 November in Barcelona. This tutorial will cover topics such as:
- Gartner analyst influence
- How Gartner analysts interact with IT buyers
- What analysts value in an AR relationship
- Ways to utilize Gartner analysts as part of your “Inbound” AR strategy
- Importance of Analyst Tiering
- Research Process alignment
- Vendor Briefings
- Differentiating yourself to analysts
- Working through research position changes
- Gartner Resources for AR professionals
- Our tutorial will be held at the following location; seating is limited!
You must log in to post a comment.