Well, almost…. Ovum kindly gave us an exclusive for the video below.
The London event featured “the Patriarch” Gideon Gartner (the founder of Gartner and Giga), superstar Jonathan Yarmis (LinkedIn, ex. AMR and now with Ovum, @jyarmis) and IIAR co-founder and AR extraordinaire David Rossiter (blog, @davidrossiter, LinkedIn, firm). The New Amsterdam event was with Carter Lusher instead of David.
The “fireside chat” is on the IT analyst business, its beginnings and weaknesses in the original model bringing technology and business together over the course of the last 20 years. It contains quite a few really good thoughts provoking issues, including:
- What’s the future of IT analyst firms?
- Is the average age and experience of analysts decreasing?
- Should IT analysts be paid like financial analysts, on results?
- What should be the alternatives to Gartner?
Here are some links to the other videos:
- Welcome to Ovum (3:05) -Mark Meek
- The evolution of the IT analyst industry (17:41) – Jonathan Yarmis with Gideon Gartner and David Rossiter
- Windows 7: The horse and cart of 2009 (13:52) -Jonathan Yarmis
- Collaborative Intelligence in action (4:06) -Ian Charlesworth
- What the pharma industry really needs from IT (10:00) -Chris Phelps with Ian Charlesworth
- What the retail really need (15:18) – Neil Saunders
- Closing words (11:23) – Mark Meek
And finally, do check Ovum’s landing page on AMR: Does the Gartnerization of AMR raise concerns about the future quality of their research?
Other posts on the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- [GUEST POST] IIAR Webinar: ‘Tis the season for Gartner Methodologies
- IIAR Webinar: Gartner Research Methodologies including the Magic Quadrant
- The IIAR Tragic Quadrant for 2017
- Constellation and the curse of the (not so) magic quadrant
- Do you need to pay Gartner to be in the Magic Quadrant?
- Who’s really shaping the digital future?
- The IIAR “Tragic Quadrant”
- [GUEST POST] Analysts’ Dirty Little Secrets
- Wrap-up: Netscout vs. Gartner re. Magic Quadrant positioning
- [GUEST POST] #Visionaries, #Disruptors and Complete Lunatics