Tomorrow, we’ll be holding our regular discussion group call, and this month the topic is ‘Managing the Forrester Wave’. The session will be led by Peggy O’Neill, who recently authored a white paper for the IIAR on this subject. IIAR members who would like to join the discussion, please contact IIAR Secretary, Hannah Kirkman. Details of upcoming events can be found on the events calendar.
London, 24/09/09 – The IIAR is delighted to announce that its new Board for 2009/10 has been elected as follows:
- Jonny Bentwood / Edelman (second from left, LinkedIn, @jonnybentwood)
- Ed Gyurko / TechMahindra (left, LinkedIn, @edgyurko)
- Ludovic Leforestier / Oracle (second from right, LinkedIn, @lludovic)
- Peggy O’Neill / Independent (LinkedIn, not on picture)
- David Taylor / Independent (right)
Thank you to David Rossiter and Sally Elliott for their contribution to the last board, as well as to Hannah Kirkman, our secretary.
Since the last post I wrote on Datamonitor/Ovum/Butler after Mark Meek and David Mitchell came to present at the IIAR London Forum, they have been busy streamlining the organisation and bring together their research products.
I’ve had many conversations with them, and as far as I can tell, they seem to be executing well:
- As promised, the IT brands have all been consolidated under Ovum. Datamonitor provides the line-of business/non-IT research and Orbys provides sourcing research. Butler events are to be co-branded, as Ovum Butler.
- Clients should now have a single sales rep, apart from large international clients where it makes sense to have sales representatives in each market e.g. US and EMEA
- The research portfolio is being consolidated, and new research will all be in a consistent format. This process will take place over the next 3 months or so
- There will be a single team of analysts, with topic coverage areas grouped by horizontal technologies and services under Tim Jennings and the verticals under Ian Charlesworth
- The telco is pretty much unchanged, apart from the addition of a new set of contact centre research
Ovum’s running a webinar tomorrow; I’ve pasted the invite below with their permission.
What do you think?
Jeff Mann from Gartner has posted an interesting account on How Gartner Symposium Happens.
While it won’t be new news to seasonned AR professionals, it should still be worked in your AR plan to time key tactics and ensure your key analysts understand your company positioning and roadmap before they’re on stage.