Analyst Relations Manager
Appian is seeking an analytical, technical and research oriented professional with great communication skills to join the marketing organization in the role of Analyst Relations Manager. This person will play a critical, cross-functional role by working with subject matter experts at many different levels of the organization: executives, product strategy, product management, engineering, finance, partner, legal, sales and marketing teams. You will interact with people in Appian to build and nurture strong internal relationships that will be leveraged to engage with leading analyst firms, participate in research evaluations/RFIs, brief analysts about Appian’s product offerings, go-to-market strategies and work with the influencers to elevate Appian’s story.
The Analyst Relations Manager should have 3-5 years of prior experience working in the enterprise software market with a strong understanding of technology, and specifically aPaaS, Case Management, BPM, Intelligent Automation, Customer Engagement and Low-code Development Platforms, and a strong background in market research, communications, data analysis, and competitive positioning. This candidate must enjoy growing and nurturing relationships and influencing analysts on Appian competitive strengths and differentiators.
- Develop, manage and execute the Analyst Relations plan and objectives across all the different markets that Appian participates in. Evangelize the most influential industry analysts who work with existing or prospective Appian customers.
- Influence analyst research on Appian, its competitors and the markets that Appian competes in; shape the perception of Appian and the value it brings to its customers; own Appian’s participation in competitive evaluations such as Magic Quadrants, Waves, Market Guides, etc., in coordination with key stakeholders to improve Appian’s ranking in these influential reports.
- Monitor the competitive landscape and strategic developments in coordination with the market intelligence team. Share relevant analyst research and implications with senior management and product strategy to contribute on strategic decisions.
- Connect key Appian executives across different functions with expert analysts for advisory sessions to help define and influence strategy.
- Manage and procure paid strategic research material from key analyst firms in coordination with the content marketing team.
- 3-5 years of diverse work experience in more than one functional area such as: analyst relations, market research, competitive intelligence, sales engineering, consulting, product management, communications or strategy roles in the enterprise business software industry.
- Ability understand deep technical concepts around the Appian platform, through direct evaluation of Appian’s product offerings and architecture.
- Experience in establishing relationships, including proactive outreach and facilitating contracts.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Competitive positioning writing. Strong relationships building skills.
- Prior hands-on development experience (experience with Appian a plus).
- Successfully completing the Appian Technical Academy training.
- Candidate must be willing to travel up to 25% to meet in person with key global analysts and influencers, attending key events.
- BA/BS degree required.
About Appian At Appian, you will help us build our award-winning PaaS product that enables business people to build cloud and mobile enterprise applications with flexible, visual models instead of custom code. Appian discovers and unites enterprise data, connects users through social and collaborative engagement in the context of business data, and provides the leading suite of business process, low-code and intelligent automation technology to enable rapid application development and optimization in every industry.
For more information and to apply for this role Click here
You must log in to post a comment.