This teleconference features the Analyst Strategy Group (ASG) and is scheduled for Thursday, June 10th from 16:00 to 17:00 BST/11:00 EST/8:00 PDT. Tom Ryan, Partner and Chief Research Officer (LinkedIn) and Rob at ASG will share their insights on Making The Case for AR.
Over the past eighteen months, most companies have been seriously affected by the global economic recession. In many cases, budgets across all departments have been trimmed to the bone; but Analyst Relations (AR) programs seem to have been particularly hard hit. Increasingly, AR teams are asking:
– What can we do to keep at least the base of our budget intact?
– How can I defend my AR budget?
– How do I make the case for AR?
The IIAR> Best Practices Paper, “Making the Case for Analyst Relations,” by Tom Ryan (@tom_asg LinkedIn) and Rob Kolokousis (@rob_ASG, LinkedIn) identifies the four principles for building solid executive-level sponsorship for your AR program.
1) Understand the value propositions within the purview of AR and effective delivery strategies for each proposition
2) Identify the locus (loci) for AR sponsorship within your company, and each sponsor’s primary concerns and priorities
3) Demonstrate where and how AR is contributing value aligned with your sponsor’s concerns
4) Directly link AR activities (and requisite funding and resources) to specific value outcomes
Each principle is explored in terms of how AR programs today are effectively – and ineffectively – applying each principle’s key elements. Examples from successful AR programs are provided to illustrate how each principle can be adapted to your organization’s culture, objectives, and expectations. Of course the current situation merely makes the need for pragmatic answers to these questions more acute. But it is perhaps even more important during periods of sustained market growth for AR to effectively apply these principles. Then, if market conditions again turn to the worse, AR will be in a strong position with well-established sponsors who clearly understand the critical value contributed by an efficient, optimized, and professional AR program.
IIAR> Best Practices Paper: Making the Case for Analyst Relations
- By Tom Ryan (@tom_asg LinkedIn) and Rob Kolokousis (@rob_ASG, LinkedIn)
- link to the PDF (members only)
1 thought on “IIAR Discussion Group: IIAR Best Practices Paper “Making The Case for AR””
Pingback: The IIAR> Institute of Influencer & Analyst Relations / Why do you need AR when you have PR?
You must log in to post a comment.