Amazon is looking for a strong corporate communications manager to help the North American External Corporate Communications team build meaningful relationships with third party stakeholders. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to drive the execution of a comprehensive stakeholder engagement program for Amazon, with a focus on building awareness of our Customer and Seller Experience. This role is based in Seattle and will require periodic travel.
The right candidate possesses media, analyst, and other stakeholder relations experience, and can exercise great instincts while acting with bias for action. This person should love the nuances of technology and digging deep into what protects the Amazon customer experience from a technical perspective.
The Corporate Communications Manager will partner with executive business leads and marketing teams – as well as internal subject matter experts on the team – to develop strategies for relationship management programs and campaigns. This role is tasked with driving awareness of the rapidly expanding portfolio of Customer Trust services and programs. The individual must be comfortable with balancing strategic thinking with tactical, detailed execution while working independently/remotely, identifying and facing big challenges, and adjusting to sudden and frequent change.
The ideal candidate is motivated by learning in a creative and dynamic culture where they will need to participate in the challenge of breaking new ground and redefining best practices. In this role, the candidate will have an opportunity to create and build a relationship management program and help to innovate new processes and communications as needed. The right candidate is an expert at writing and storytelling, can understand technically deep topics, and can successfully manage multiple thought leaders across a diverse set of audiences.
· Driving external thought leader awareness of Amazon’s Customer and Seller experience, services, programs, and technology – along with other core corporate reputation programs
· Creating and delivering ongoing program activities such as relationship management, briefings, events, business team support, and other core program tactics
· Proactively building awareness and securing positive placement of Amazon in thought leader commentary
· Assist with advancing the development, simplification, and innovation of NA Corporate Communication event programs while defining repeatable best practices
· Collaborating with business and PR teams to educate external thought leaders on services and programs supporting Amazon Customer Trust initiatives
· Prioritizing and managing incoming requests from thought leaders for information, event speakers, and research partnerships
· Writing presentations and preparing executives for engaging with external thought leaders
· Defining, measuring and reporting success and learnings
· Regularly interact with senior leadership to influence strategy
· Feed into weekly and quarterly status reports using data tracked by you
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
*This position can be located in Seattle, DC, TN, LA, or NYC*
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 7+ years of PR or analyst relations experience
· Technology PR experience required
· Proven ability to craft highly impactful copy
· Understanding of technology and ability to communicate complex topics effectively
· Strong judgment and the ability to respond quickly, yet thoughtfully to urgent PR matters
· Diplomacy and the confidence to engage and build consensus with functional leaders at all levels
Job ID: 1284217