Quantum is seeking an experienced, strategic and detail-oriented Analyst Relations (AR) Manager to effectively communicate Quantum’s vision, strategy, technology direction, key differentiators, use cases, and customer success with the industry analyst community, while influencing outcomes that are favorable to Quantum.
This role will be responsible for maintaining relationships and proactively engaging global analysts and market influencers, ensuring they are accurately representing and advocating Quantum in all settings. This person will be responsible for building and delivering high-impact AR programs to deepen analyst relationships, build mind share, and bring analyst insights back into our business.
This individual brings established relationships with leading industry analyst firms, and a proven track record of managing analyst relationships, strategic planning and execution of briefings, analyst tours and strategy days, and growing coverage and favorable product evaluations performed by analyst firms.
This role will also be responsible for managing and procuring paid strategic research projects on behalf of Quantum to ensure that key analyst firms are actively engaged with Quantum technology and strategy. Ideally this individual will have experience in analysis, market research, and competitive positioning. This role requires someone with strong analytical skills, as well as experience evaluating qualitative and quantitative research in the technology industry.
The successful candidate will have proven experience in analyst relations/communications with technology companies, an ability to quickly understand technically deep topics, experience working in a cross-team environment, and the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously, and manage day-to-day operations related to program activities in a global organization. This role will have a direct opportunity to innovate Quantum’s AR programs and measurement of results via new approaches. Must be comfortable with balancing strategic thinking with tactical and detailed execution while working independently.
- Plan and execute all aspects of a targeted, global analyst relations program.
- Drive analyst awareness of Quantum and expand analyst understanding and support of our differentiation and value propositions.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with key analysts and market influencers.
- Drive the execution of proactive inbound/outbound communications to generate strategic engagement & advice with/from the analyst community.
- Prepare spokespeople for analyst engagements.
- Provide strategic guidance to product, technology and industry leaders based on insights gained from analysts and their market research.
- Manage all aspects of preparing and executing a Gartner Magic Quadrant, Forrester Wave, IDC MarketScape or equivalent research from smaller AR firms.
- Ability to partner with Finance and IR to deliver inputs and review for market share reports.
- Read analysts’ published research and social media posts, summarize and provide recommendations for engagement and next steps.
- Provide targeted analysts with customer references in support of key research initiatives.
- Participate in the planning and execution of Quantum and analyst firm events.
- Develop metrics, reporting, and results analysis. Track and report analyst interactions and coverage.
- 8+ years of analyst relations/communications/product marketing experience in the tech industry, particularly storage and SaaS.
- 5+ years of experience directly interacting with Gartner, IDC, Forrester and other tech industry analyst firms.
- Exceptional interpersonal, written/verbal communication skills, and attention to detail.
- Experience working directly with executives, product management and product marketing functions.
- Clear understanding of technology and can abstract business/solution value.
- Ability to develop metrics, build executive summaries, and communicate business and technology insights.
- Self-starter with a strong sense of ownership.
- Able to prioritize in a complex, dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated ability to form authentic, trust-based relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing/communications/technology-related field