Why this role matters
External influencers in industry analyst and sourcing advisory firms engage closely with our customers, competitors, regulators and investors, the media and wider financial community, so are both an important channel to market and source of insight. The analyst and consultant relations (ACR) programme in Global focuses on developing and strengthening influencer relationships to:
- Improve market perception of BT by persuading them to represent BT in the best possible light.
- Improve win chance in in client opportunities at all stages of the sales cycle.
- Glean vital sources of market intelligence trends and potential opportunities.
- Bring outside knowledge, feedback and advice into BT.
What you’ll be doing
- Accountable for shaping and delivering core elements of the ACR programme strategy to enable achievement of our KPIs:
– Build and strengthen relationships with priority analysts and consultants appropriate to our target vertical/geo markets and technology focus areas
– Secure analyst coverage of BT strategy and capabilities in reports for increased visibility
– Educate, inform and influence analysts and consultants on BT strategy and capabilities for short list consideration
– Bring analyst insight, expertise and advice into BT to inform our strategy and support our growth
– Leverage relationships with analysts and sourcing advisors to help BT pursue, win, retain and extend deals
- Coach internal stakeholders on recommended engagement and outcomes.
- Collaborate with colleagues to prioritise and deliver key projects within the ACR programme.
- Measure and report on ACR engagement to prove ROI and contribution to Global’s Marketing Plan.
We’ll also need to see these on your CV
- Broad knowledge of the IT and telecoms services industry globally, with strong focus on the market and ability to seize opportunities for BT.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to build strong business relationships at all levels.
- Understanding of the implications of ACR’s work on BT’s brand, corporate reputation, customer satisfaction, employee motivation and sales prospects.
- Understanding of the B2B sales and procurement cycle.
- Understanding of the influencer research and sourcing advisory process
- Ability to challenge current thinking, work under pressure, proactively address issues and manage in a global matrix environment.
- Positive attitude and proactive, highly organised approach to prioritise and meet stakeholder deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication and relationship management skills.
- Typically a degree holder – preferred.
- External influencer relationships globally – mandatory.
- 18 months+ of related influencer relations experience counselling senior stakeholders – mandatory.
- Recognised track record of delivering strong business impacting projects to a high standard – mandatory.
- Respect and confidence to counsel/advise Senior management team to SMT level – preferred.
Why choose us?
We’ve always been an organisation with purpose; to use the power of communications to make a better world. You can trace this back to our beginning as pioneers of the world’s first telecommunications company. At our heart we’re a technology company with research and innovation in our bones and a desire to be personal, simple, and brilliant for our customers – those are the values we live by whilst also creating an inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds can succeed.
Our pursuit of progress over the past 180 years has established BT as a strong, successful brand, with huge scale capable of achieving great things. From supporting emergency services, hospitals, banks and keeping economies around the world online, safe and secure, to delivering large scale technology infrastructure like the creation of BT Sport.
Today in this fast changing, always on, digital world our purpose remains true. Yet the market conditions, regulation and competition we face are tougher than ever before. So if you have the drive, optimism and resilience to help propel us forward we’ll offer unrivalled personal development, a wealth of opportunities to learn, experience new things and pursue new careers. If that’s you and what you’re looking for, we’d love you to be part of our future.