Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
We are seeking an experienced Senior Analyst Relations Manager who will partner with the Director of Analyst Relations, where you will plan for, establish, nurture and oversee relationships with technology industry analysts to maintain and improve F5’s credibility and thought leadership with these constituents. The primary objective is ensuring that key influencers support F5’s story as they interact with customers/prospects, partners, journalists and financial analysts.
Why is this job awesome?
We are looking for someone who brings a blend of curiosity, follow-through, and a strategic mindset to work with the tech industry’s smartest and most critical minds in security, cloud computing, and enterprise IT. You will have high visibility inside F5 as you lead analyst relations for a critical initiative (Security), with material impact on F5’s entire business. A results orientation is key; this isn’t the position for those of a bureaucratic, process-driven mindset, or for someone who can’t smell opportunity & take action on it without getting the boss’s signature in triplicate first.
What will you do?
We want you to effectively assess and address the needs of relevant industry analysts as it relates to their research needs and customer inquiries about F5. This primarily includes support for comparative evaluations, market reports, vendor profiles, and customer-generated questions to analysts about F5. You will own analyst outreach strategy for our Security offerings to ensure accurate, comprehensive and consistent coverage of F5 in relevant markets. This encompasses products, company, partnership and channel-related information and includes the synthesis of Marketing, Product Management, and Business Development messaging for analyst outreach. This objective is important in supporting the F5 “solution-selling” strategy.
We envision that you will guide and lead F5 vendor or product ratings and industry analyst reports ranking F5’s products and services, including Gartner Magic Quadrants/Critical Capabilities and Forrester Waves. We expect that you will assess, prioritize and proactively reach out and broaden relationships with relevant analysts to ensure that F5 is well-positioned and top-of-mind with analysts who influence the opinions of market, particularly customers/prospects. This includes providing strategic guidance to Product Development, Product Management and Marketing personnel as it pertains to outreach.
We’ll want to see how you utilize analyst research and relationships to provide supporting evidence to help F5 salespeople close business. This includes proven competence at navigating the research and reporting cycles of key analysts, as well as identifying, analyzing, producing and disseminating relevant information in a timely and digestible manner.
You will assist with research, guidance and insights into the BI & corporate strategy team. This team provides global leadership to F5 market taxonomy, TAM and market share related activities. You will provide key direction for programs such as annual IT analyst conference, executive relationship programs, strategic consulting sessions, analyst events, and leadership tours.
Bring these skills with you:
- Solid written & verbal communications; this is a public facing role.
- A proven track record of successful relationship development with Gartner advisory analysts.
- You will be articulate, professional and have strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to take care of a wide range of personalities.
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
- Experience working with all levels of executives, customers and analysts.
- Understanding of enterprise technology sales environment.
- Strong knowledge management, project management and organization skills.
What’s required of me?
- You bring 7+ years’ experience in IT industry analyst relations in a vendor, agency role or related field; IIAR or KCG certification is desirable.
- Enterprise IT Security industry experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Business or related field.
- We would prefer a Graduate degree in a related field.
- Sometimes, we might need you to be on call and have you work outside our normal hours (evenings and weekends).
- You might even need to travel by car or through the air, approximately 25% of the time.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.