We are looking for high calibre candidates to join our International (Europe, Middle East and Africa, Asia Pacific, India and Japan) regional team for media relations and analyst relations as a Media and Analyst Relations Intern. The 13 month marketing communications placement is based in Bracknell, Berkshire, UK, and you will be reporting to the director of International Media Relations for Hewlett Packard Enterprise based in the UK.
Key tasks will be to drive press relations and analyst relations activities including analysis of coverage, production of content and organisation of activities. You will be exposed to a demanding role, which offers a valuable insight into the marketing profession as a whole and specifically all aspects of PR and AR.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is a global technology leader focused on developing intelligent solutions that allow customers to capture, analyze and act upon data seamlessly from edge to cloud. HPE enables customers to accelerate business outcomes by driving new business models, creating new customer and employee experiences, and increasing operational efficiency today and into the future.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities.
Regular Tasks for PR support:
- Running and managing regular progress meetings with agency teams
- Managing the associated budget trackers resulting from these reviews
- Distributing press releases and contents to the international agency teams when requested
- Analysing and producing coverage reports on a quarterly and monthly basis
- Manage reports of coverage on identified press releases and events
- Collecting and analyzing media coverage
- To increase internally the profile of HPE in the news through creating a daily news report that displays relevant news articles about HPE and their competitors
- Support PR agency whenever they need any help.
- Assist with PR projects and events, including logistics support, including booking and managing travel, press pack production, badging and organisational activities as needed
- Attend UK-based press events as needed to handle logistics, badging, handouts etc
- Drive the press release program including loading press releases to newsroom, proactively communicating to analysts.
- Support on social media activities as needed
Regular Tasks for AR support
- Assist with analyst events:
- Send invitations to analysts and confirm their participation
- Help with logistics including analyst travel, 1-1 meeting schedule, booking meeting rooms, where necessary liaising with suppliers e.g. hotel reservations
- Draft executive briefing book
- On-site assistance for example staff registration desk, staff 1-1 meetings
- On a weekly basis, update and maintain the WIP (Work in Process) document of all analyst interactions (briefings, RFIs, events etc.)
- Attend regular meetings with EB EMEA AR/PR team and Interfuse Agency
- Provide written summaries of analyst reports on an ad-hoc basis (depending on analyst output)
- Ad-hoc support as required on analyst and press events
- Keeping analyst database up to date with interactions
- Report summary of key analyst reports, add in new ones
This is a fantastic opportunity for an intern student to take accountability and prove themselves as strong team member and individual.
Education and Experience Required:
- Potential interns must be in their 2nd year of a 4 year degree which requires (or has an option for) year 3 to be a 1 year’s industrial placement, and are expected to achieve a minimum of a 2:1 grade
- Placement applicants should ideally come from degree courses focused around Business and/or Marketing, however this is not essential.
|Primary Location:||Bracknell, United Kingdom|
|Job Category:||Graduate Program and Internships|
|Shift:||No shift premium (United Kingdom)|
HPE is an equal opportunity employer/Female/Minority/Individual with Disabilities/Protected Veteran Status