About the job
Whether you’re on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (Google Ads, AdSense, Google Marketing Platform, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product’s journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across Sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, you’ll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
Google is developing cloud solutions for companies, leveraging years of experience in building secure, reliable and scalable cloud technology. As we bring products to market that help transform how companies collaborate and operate, we want you to communicate our product vision and roadmap to global industry analyst firms. You will influence how analysts think about our products, particularly Google Cloud Platform. You will help define how companies select enterprise technology partners.
You are an entrepreneurial, strategic analyst relations professional with a background in developing high-impact relationships with analysts and industry influencers. You will work with leaders across Google Cloud, collaborating with teams in communications, product management, sales, and field marketing. You’ll have the opportunity to blend high level, critical thinking with more tactical operational activities.
You will be responsible for increasing our visibility, interactions and influence amongst the analyst community as we expand our products and communicate our value to customers.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google’s products solve the world’s problems–from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can–changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- Drive awareness of Google Cloud and expand EMEA analysts’ understanding of Google Cloud’s value proposition and differentiation in the market. Prioritize/manage inbound requests for information, report reviews, speaking engagements, and customer references.
- Execute briefings, inquiries, and strategy days with relevant analysts and company spokespeople to establish Google as a leader for cloud technology in the minds of analysts.
- Support analyst programming at key Google Cloud EMEA events and industry conferences in strategic regions; develop and foster relationships with key analysts and market influencers across EMEA.
- Be a strategic partner to Google Cloud; contribute to the overall strategy for Google Cloud’s Analyst Relations program to identify opportunities to scale for increased impact.
- Make market research a part of our culture by ensuring analyst perspective and data is integrated into product strategy, narratives, and marketing materials.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience infusing thought leadership and differentiation into communications strategies.
- Analyst relations/communications/product marketing experience in the tech industry.
- Experience managing agency resources and ensure global initiatives are represented in strategic regions.
- Experience working with large cross-functional teams; outstanding project management and leadership skills. Ability to prioritize in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, collaborating with large cross-functional teams.
- Ability to balance strategic thinking with tactical and detail-oriented execution.
- Penchant towards action; ability to make decisions quickly amidst multiple stakeholders.
- Track record for managing major analyst evaluations from the communications strategy to tactical deliverables.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills; strong organizational and analytical skills.