Twilio is looking for a Director of Industry Analyst Relations to build on the foundation that we have established with a broad range of analysts. We are a diverse business with a variety of use cases that require us to engage with and influence analysts in domains including contact center, communications platform as a service, security, application development and delivery, messaging, Internet of things and more.
We expect to be able to address additional domains as we add more use cases to our portfolio. We also need to be able to play at a higher level in discussion about digital transformation, customer experience and engagement. This role will be responsible for establishing and executing on a strategic framework for Twilio to engage relevant industry analysts that influence our enterprise customer base. This individual will manage our analyst relations program across three vectors — proactive engagement, research subscriptions and go-to-market leverage.
Twilio is looking for a leader with a demonstrated track record of leading Indsutry analyst relations We seek someone with:
- 8-10+ years’ experience in analyst relations – experience in product marketing, strategic communications, or public relations a plus
- Experience leading and managing a team, experience building a team in an emerging business a plus
- Deep knowledge of and passion for enterprise analysts, influencers, pundits and key consultants
- Demonstrated experience building communication capabilities as well as the ability to improve processes and organizational structure
- Comfort and familiarity with a fast-paced environment
- Successful, strategic communications expert who has created and executed global communication strategies, managed budgets and led hands-on execution
- Strong, persuasive communication skills enabling the ability to influence at all levels
- Clear, strong, precise writing skills
- Excellent people leadership and management skills showcasing the ability to attract, motivate and performance-manage a world-class team
- Relationship builder; dynamic, proactive, respected; good listener; values input and stimulates candid dialogue; positive attitude and a sense of humor
- Action oriented, positive self-starter who can build a highly motivational environment around themselves
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in English, communications, marketing, journalism, business or comparable discipline or equivalent work experience
As Director of Analyst Relations you will:
- Develop and implement a strategic communications effort that aligns with business objectives and enhances corporate visibility and perception with industry analysts across multiple categories relevant to Twilio’s business.
- Develop strategic go-to-market engagements with relevant analysts and provide cross-functional leadership across Twilio to execute on those programs.
- Proactively establish and maintain relationships with key analysts and influencers and effectively communicate Twilio news and POV.
- Drive participation in major analyst research such as Magic Quadrants, Waves, and other market reports.
- Bring industry and competitive insight to internal teams through advisory days and internal communications.
- Develop metrics for measuring communication effectiveness – and use the data to drive decision making.
- Manage our library of subscriptions to ensure we are getting the most for our investments.
- Manage internal resources — including budget and a part-time AR manager — for both subscriptions and GTM activities.
- Provide feedback on content and prepare spokespeople for analyst engagements.
In the last couple of years, Twilio has established strong relationships across the analyst community particularly in the contact center and communications markets. As Twilio sells to more large enterprise organizations, the analyst influence in the ultimate purchase decision is significant. This is a critical role that will expand the relationships as the company broadens its product offerings in additional markets and build a team to manage the growing impact analysts have on our business.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we’re dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.