Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking an experienced, self-motivated, personable, and detail-oriented Analyst Relations (AR) Manager to help drive its Field Enablement, Market Intelligence, and Compete AR programs in EMEA. The AR Manager will create and drive strategy and tactics to effectively communicate key differentiators for AWS services and solutions to the analyst community.
The AWS cloud computing platform is used today by millions of businesses and developers around the world, ranging from start-ups to Fortune 50 enterprises. Cloud computing is arguably one of the most impactful developments in technology within the last 20 years. AWS is a pioneer and leader in the fast growing field of cloud computing. Because of this, there are thousands of analysts worldwide who are trying to understand AWS to then help their clients realize the transformation potential of cloud computing for their business. Our role is to inform these analysts and explain how AWS is different from traditional IT infrastructure offerings, and to work with these analysts to understand core customer requirements and concerns.
The successful candidate will be creative and experienced in program management with a successful track record with technology companies. The right candidate possesses experience in successful program management focused on key AWS differentiators – this includes the ability to quickly understand technically deep topics, successfully deliver on numerous collaborative projects, and manage day-to-day operations related to program activities in a global organization.
In this role, the candidate will have a direct opportunity to build a robust AR field enablement and market intelligence function by partnering with key industry analysts, educating the AWS field force, and create a platform of tools and analyst resources to help AWS field teams educate current and potential AWS customers. The right candidate must be comfortable with balancing strategic thinking with tactical, detailed execution while working independently, targeting the right cloud analysts, and matching analyst resources with the most prevalent challenges and opportunities for the AWS field force.
-Partner with AWS Sales, AWS Market Intelligence, and Cloud Intelligence teams to positively impact the AWS field through a keen understanding of business drivers and objections, and how Analyst Relations can make a significant difference
· Proactively build and maintain key stakeholder relationships with AWS sales leadership and field teams including Solutions Architecture, Professional Services, and Business Development, among others
· Drive analyst awareness of AWS offerings and educate analyst community to combat prevalence of competitive misinformation in the marketplace
-Through targeted engagement and inquiry, acquire cloud and market intelligence from key Tier 1 analysts; partner with PR to stay ahead of press cycles in such areas as market segment share, competitive product announcements, and new programs
· Partner with commercial and public sector sales enablement teams to embed analyst research in field training and education efforts on an ongoing basis
· Write presentations and prepare AWS Executives for engaging with analysts on to stay abreast of key trends in cloud and market intelligence
The role is based in London, UK and will require periodic travel. Remote candidates considered.
· 4+ years of sales enablement and/or competitive intelligence in a program management or leader role
· 2+ years experience with at least one area- sales, marketing, or competitive messaging and positioning
· 2+ years of experience directly interacting with Gartner, Forrester and other major IT industry analyst firms in either AR or SME capacity
· Experience in supporting Sales, Product, and/or Marketing teams at a mid-to-large scale multi-geographical organization
· Excellent written and oral communications skills
· Clearly understands technology and can abstract business/solution value · Self-starter with a strong sense of ownership
· Able to prioritize in a complex, fast-paced environment
· Creative thinker with bias for action
· Previous experience in cloud computing via product programs or a Marketing role
· Passion for working in a lean, fast-paced organization, and desire to own and refine key operational processes
· Ability to adapt to a fast-changing and evolving role
· Desire to grow with the team and take on additional responsibilities
· Natural tendency to invent, simplify, and take innovative approach to AR · MBA a plus
You must log in to post a comment.