Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 435,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at http://www.accenture.com .
People in the Corporate Function career track contribute to the running of Accenture as a high- performance business through specialization within a specific functional area and grow into internally focused roles by deepening their skills and/or developing new skills within an internal functional area.
Marketing and Communications professionals build a powerful and differentiated global brand at the corporate, industry, capability and geography levels that supports the Accenture strategy; enhances long-term client relationships; inspires employees and candidates; and drives profitable revenue growth.
The purpose of this role is to raise the profile of Accenture’s Communications Media & Technology (CMT) industry group globally, with a concentration on leading aspects of its Global CMT practice and supporting its overall North America CMT businesses. The individual will be responsible for helping drive an overall increase in media share-of-voice and industry analyst awareness as a key member of the CMT marketing and media relations teams. He or she will report to the Global Director of Media & Analyst Relations in CMT, collaborating closely with the relevant marketing leaders, country-level media relations leads, and lead spokespeople (senior managing directors, managing directors, other subject-matter experts).
This individual will help design and execute proactive strategies, plans and campaigns to maximize positive positioning and media coverage for the CMT group. The role will include direct media relations, primarily focused on tier-one press – mainly promoting thought leadership and client-related news – as well as crisis support and industry analyst relations.
- A strategic, results-oriented thinker focused on generating tier-one media attention in support of Accenture’s CMT business objectives
- Ability to identify and distill key media messages from research and marketing material to position Accenture as a thought leader in CMT
- Manage and develop professional working relationships with key journalists and internal clients
- Ability to function effectively and influence senior leadership in a highly-matrixed organization and align with company’s global brand and approach to teamwork and collaboration
- Deliver and execute global and NA CMT media strategies to support key markets
- Collaborate with media leads in key markets to generate tier-one media interest in Accenture’s Media practice and NA CMT group
- Work with colleagues to lead timely responses to media requests
- Collaborate closely with the CMT and other cross-industry marketing teams to identify opportunities and synergies in Accenture’s key markets
- Occasional travel
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Work Experience: Minimum of 8 years of experience in media relations/corporate communications
- Media, high tech or telco journalism background a plus
- Excellent writing and editing skills for audiences ranging from general to business to technical – including press releases, talking points, Q&As, white papers, etc.
- Excellent media relations skills and ability to develop stories and understand news cycles – with or without the support of public relations agency resources
- High level understanding of the dynamics and critical issues in the communications, media and technology sectors
- Solid project management skills
- Command of MS Office suite and key internet applications for research and media management
- Social media expertise (blogs, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+)
- Ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Passion for executing deliverables and programs that are of the highest quality
- Ability to develop and apply creative solutions to complex issues
- Ability to work both autonomously as well as collaboratively with other areas of the company
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For more information and to apply for this role Click Here