The Applied Intelligence division of BAE Systems delivers solutions which protect and enhance the connected world. Everything we do creates a safer future. We want to solve problems for our customers and by bringing together great minds, we can work together to make the world a safer place.
Reporting directly into the Chief Products Officer, the Head of Analyst Relations (AR) will be responsible for the overall strategy and success of the analyst relations programme across our cyber and data offerings, and manage some of the top relationships in the industry analyst community.
This position will help broaden visibility of the company, its strategy and core products and provide product management with strategic insight on products and services. It will also partner with the Sales Enablement organisation, assist in driving deals with analyst support, and collaborate with product and corporate marketing to ensure an ‘outside in’ approach to content.
The role can be based from our Guildford, Surrey or Southwark, London offices and will require periodic travel.
What you’ll be doing
- Set strategic direction for the analyst relations programme, proactively give advice on positioning and tactics
- Understand budgetary requirements across multiple firms, and assist in the direction and focus of spend
- Develop and maintain trusted relationships with tier one analysts, driving placement in key reports (e.g. MQs and Waves)
- Be a trusted internal partner with the ability to actively participate in analyst inquiries and briefings, provide feedback to spokespeople and stakeholders and share thoughtful notes with the wider team
- Design and deliver strategy days with measurable impact on analyst perception, product messaging and product strategy
- Work with product and content marketing to support campaigns and product launches, and understand the importance of ‘marketing back’
- Understand and execute the fundamentals of a good analyst relations programme
What we’re looking for
- Demonstrable experience in analyst relations, or comparable experience in product marketing, product management etc. within a technology industry
- Clearly understands technology and can abstract business / solution value
- Experience in supporting sales, product, and / or marketing teams at a mid-to-large scale multi-geographical organisation
- Able to prioritise in a complex, fast-paced environment
- Confident in communicating with and counselling senior executives
- Excellent analysis, communication and project management skills
- Ability to multi-task and quickly prioritise projects, communicating these to stakeholders
- Previous experience in cyber security via product or marketing programmes
- Experience managing vendor evaluations (e.g. MQ or Wave)
- Desire to grow with the team and take on additional responsibilities
- Natural tendency to improve and take an innovative approach to AR
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent experience
- Organised, self-starter with a preference for action, high levels of attention to detail, desire to succeed
- A strategic thinker, focused on ‘why’ and ‘so what’
- Able to work in a dynamic environment, to short time scales within agreed budgets
- Able to rapidly absorb knowledge of multiple verticals / domains and articulate company portfolio and differentiation to external audiences
- Professional verbal and written English
- Articulate and good presentation skills
Security Clearance is required for this vacancy. If you are not currently Security Cleared, you will need to be eligible for this and willing to go through the process. For more guidance on National Security Vetting please click here.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We help nations, governments and businesses around the world defend themselves against cyber crime, reduce their risk in the connected world, comply with regulation, and transform their operations. We do this using our unique set of solutions, systems, experience and processes.
Our success is down to our people. The changing nature of our business means that we’re constantly looking for the brightest talent to help us fulfil our ambitions. As an experienced professional, we’ll entrust you with responsibility; this means that you’ll have client contact, variety and support from day one.
We’ll encourage and support you to develop your skills and reward you as you grow. Whatever your area of expertise, you’ll be much more than just a job title; you’ll be an integral part of the business where your individual contribution makes a difference every day. Great minds deserve great rewards, so we also offer a very competitive salary and benefits package.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. Staying competitive in today’s global marketplace requires an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. We also welcome discussions about flexible working.
To apply for this role Click here