The Applied Intelligence division of BAE Systems delivers solutions which protect and enhance the connected world. Everything we do creates a safer future. We want to solve problems for our customers and by bringing together great minds, we can work together to make the world a safer place.
Reporting directly into the Head of Analyst Relations (AR), the Analyst Relations (AR) Specialist will be responsible for supporting the execution of the analyst relations plan, owning specific tasks within the evolving data and digital capability programmes. We would like to find a high potential candidate who is keen to develop their skills and experience within Applied Intelligence, and can grow into and shape this role.
The AR function is designed to broaden market visibility of the company, its strategy and its core products, as well as providing product management and portfolio teams with strategic insight to support roadmap development. It partners with the sales enablement organisation, assisting in driving deals with analyst support, and collaborates with product and corporate marketing to ensure an ‘outside in’ approach to content. Achieving this results in access to senior management, and this a high level of insight into how the company is developing and the chance to help influence that.
This role can be based from our Guildford, Surrey or Southwark, London offices and will require periodic travel.
What you’ll be doing
- Learning and executing AR best practice
- Create, develop and maintain trusted relationships with tier one analysts, driving placement in key reports (e.g. MQs and Waves)
- Coordinate and execute analyst engagement activities, including inquiries, briefings, strategy/advisory days, and in-person meetings at industry events
- Become a trusted internal partner and share thoughtful, actionable notes from meetings with the wider team
- Assist in the preparation of analyst briefing books and backgrounders, gathering pertinent research and social media activity
- Work with product and content marketing to support campaigns and product launches, ensuring internal and external promotion of team successes
- Feed into the development of the AR strategy for digital and data
What we’re looking for
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Project management and organisational skills
- Self-starter with a natural sense of ownership
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Clearly understands technology and can abstract business/solution value
- Able to prioritise in a complex, fast-paced environment
- Confident in communicating with senior executives
- Desire to learn and grow with the role
- Experience in managing multi-faceted projects, delivering on time and to plan
- Desire to grow with the team and take on additional responsibilities
- Natural tendency to improve and simplify processes where needed
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent experience
- Organised self-starter with a preference for action and a desire to succeed
- Able to work in a dynamic environment, to short time scales within agreed budgets
- Able to rapidly absorb knowledge of multiple verticals/domains and articulate company portfolio and differentiation to external audiences
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Articulate and good presentation skills
Security Clearance is required for this vacancy. If you are not currently Security Cleared, you will need to be eligible for this and willing to go through the process. For more guidance on National Security Vetting please click here.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We help nations, governments and businesses around the world defend themselves against cyber crime, reduce their risk in the connected world, comply with regulation, and transform their operations. We do this using our unique set of solutions, systems, experience and processes.
Our success is down to our people. The changing nature of our business means that we’re constantly looking for the brightest talent to help us fulfil our ambitions. As an experienced professional, we’ll entrust you with responsibility; this means that you’ll have client contact, variety and support from day one.
We’ll encourage and support you to develop your skills and reward you as you grow. Whatever your area of expertise, you’ll be much more than just a job title; you’ll be an integral part of the business where your individual contribution makes a difference every day. Great minds deserve great rewards, so we also offer a very competitive salary and benefits package.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. Staying competitive in today’s global marketplace requires an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. We also welcome discussions about flexible working.
To apply for this position click here