The Senior Manager, Analyst Relations will provide support for analyst relations for KPMG globally. This role will help manage the overall analyst relations agenda and coordinate leadership interactions with analysts to advance KPMG’s brand and capability recognition in the marketplace. This role will help drive our brand and capabilities around core KPMG service offerings and value propositions. The Senior Manager, Analyst Relations will work closely with Advisory and other functional leadership, SMEs, marketing and corporate communications. From time to time, the Senior Manager will be called upon to update senior member firm and global leadership on analyst relations activity, and on outside-in perceptions of KPMG by the analyst community.
This role requires extensive cross group collaboration, global coordination of messaging, and planning and executing on a variety of analyst engagements, including informal interaction with analysts, formal briefings, attendance at industry and analyst conferences, and executive presentations. The position will work closely with internal teams to develop analyst-specific positioning and messages that differentiate KPMG in the markets we serve and result in positive analyst coverage and evaluations. Extensive travel is anticipated, once permitted again.
This position requires frequent contact with all levels of KPMG leadership, managers, and employees as well as frequent contact with industry analysts.
Likewise, this position will respond to internal requests for analyst insight, will research analyst content to which KPMG subscribes and provide internal constituents with data, market intelligence and competitive intelligence that supports business planning and market development efforts.
The Senior Manager must have the ability to work independently, with a variety of internal and external stakeholders. The Senior Manager will also be expected to contribute significantly to major analyst events that are organized and led by Analyst Relations, and which place KPMG in a very public light with discerning, skeptical analysts who evaluate the Firm on a variety of criteria.
Communications w/internal and external community
% of Time Accountability: 40%
• Design and drive relationship building with analysts and understand their calendar of research
• Recommend, implement and oversee a regular schedule of interaction with analysts
• Advise and contribute to internal teams responding to formal analyst evaluations (such as Magic Quadrant reports), and provide leadership, insights and support that results in positive outcomes
• Present to leadership and other internal teams on analyst relations activities, progress against goals, and market/analyst perceptions
• Respond to internal stakeholder requests for market and competitive intelligence, as well as analyst thought leadership in support of market development and business planning
• Read and digest analyst research to understand relationship to KPMG offerings, as well as how best to position KPMG in related reports
• Manage multiple internal project teams in responding to analyst research projects
• Promptly update analyst relations portal content, CRM databases, and other archives shared by the AR team or with internal stakeholders as assigned
1. Champion inclusion: Creates an environment in which all people feel like they belong
2. Drive quality: Delivers high-quality products and exceptional service that provide value and exceed client expectations
3. Advance an ethical environment: Takes personal responsibility for the ethical environment of the firm and encourages others to do the same
4. Apply a strategic perspective: Uses diverse sets of inputs to develop a broad perspective on business and people issues
5. Make sound decisions: Exercises sound ethical and business judgment when making decisions
6. Foster innovation: Embraces a culture of innovation and experimentation to create value
7. Demonstrate self-awareness: Focuses on self-development and continuous learning, using insight to build capability and confidence
8. Build collaborative relationships: Connects with individuals, teams and organizations to build lasting, collaborative relationships that enable global, firm-wide growth
9. Develop and motivate others: Engages teams, instills confidence, and coaches people to find meaning in their work and achieve exceptional results
Technical Skills & Qualifications
Description of Level of Qualifictaions
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in business or a related field
Experience & Knowledge
• A wealth of experience in analyst relations, advisory, industry analysis/research, marketing, media relations or corporate communications. Particular experience with/exposure to Cyber and Risk services, offerings and solutions
• Ability to demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills that have resulted in business relationships of trust, confidence and results
• Solid understanding of professional services, IT services; ability to articulate that with external clients
• Excellent internal and external client relationship management skills and solid communication and presentation skills
• Ability to work independently and collaborate from remote location with global contacts, both inside and outside of KPMG
You must log in to post a comment.