Reporting to the Chief Communications Officer & SVP of Corporate Marketing, the Senior Director, Global Analyst Relations & Influencer Marketing is responsible for developing, leading and executing a global coordinated industry analyst and influencer relations program. This position translates New Relic strategy into meaningful conversations with analysts and other influential partners. These conversations will result in meaningful discussions that help to move the needle around New Relic’s reputation, technology leadership, placements in analysts reports and overall commentary about the company.
This role is also responsible for advising senior leaders about analysts perceptions about our company and our market. Teaming across the company is essential as well as a positive attitude, energy, passion for technology and intellectual curiosity.
The AR Lead will have an opportunity to build out a team of dedicated analyst and influencer relations personnel, who bring a methodology for approaching AR and a winning track record from past experience! The team will work daily with senior leaders, Product Marketing, Product Management, GMs, Marketing, PR and beyond to collaborate to tell the New Relic story.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and implement a strategic analyst and influencer relations plans and programs that aligns with business and technology objectives. The end goal is to improve corporate visibility and perception with industry analysts across multiple categories relevant to our business.
- Team with Marketing, Product Marketing, GMs, Competitive, PR and other teams to build strategic go-to-market engagements with relevant analysts and provide cross-functional leadership to execute on those programs.
- Determine how to bring analyst voices into internal and external activities, such as speaking at conferences and events to educate employees on how customers view us and the Observability market.
- Bring deep experience and a successful track record of participation in major analyst research such as Gartner Magic Quadrants, Forrester Waves, market share data and other major reports.
- Proactively build and maintain relationships with key influencers and analysts by effectively communicating company news and POV, including encouraging key influencers to write and share their thoughts the company with customers, media outlets and through social media.
- Bring industry and competitive insight to internal teams through analyst briefings, inquiries, strategy days, events, metrics, and related results and tactics
- Manage reporting, analysis and distribution of all key analyst reports to bring key insights and efficiency to the organization.
- Develop metrics for measuring communication efficiency – and use the data to drive and encourage decision making.
- Offer feedback on content and prepare spokespeople for analyst engagements. Also, lead executive participation in analyst interactions and build and improve the bench of spokespeople across the organization.
- Manage and improve paid relationships with all analysts, analysts firms and influencers including – subscriptions, Research Seats and GTM activities. Evaluate subscriptions and paid relationships to ensure we are getting the most for our investments.
- Bring a deep understanding of the software industry, specifically experience with Application Performance Monitoring and other key aspects of observability.
- Lead a group of entrepreneurial, strategic analyst relations professionals with an accomplished track record. A positive hands-on contributor and leader, this person will work collaboratively with leaders across the company. Everyday present opportunities to improve, blending high level, critical thinking with more tactical operational activities.
- Is adept at handling industry analysts involvement in sales deals.
- Minimum of 12-15 years in AR and communications, and experience leading hard-working teams — including analysts relations, influencer relations, and beyond.
- Demonstrated success in an in-house leadership role with a publicly traded company in the enterprise software industry. Extra points for experience in APM, Observability and/or Logging.
- Trusted relationships with analysts and influencers in this space.
- Ability to forge strong alliances with internal partners to deeply understand the strategy.
- Strong leadership skills and a consistent record of leading, mentoring, and developing the careers of a hard-working team.
- Adept writing and persuasion skills.
- Self-motivation, always looking for ways to take programs to the next level
- Strong, positive, team leader who takes great pride in the quality, precision, efficiency and measurable results of their team.
- Ability to assemble and interpret metrics, build executive summaries, and deliver meaningful business insights.
- Have a BA or BS degree.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our office is in the tech-rich urban center of San Francisco, with easy commute access and a plethora of good eats. We provide competitive compensation, equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
You must log in to post a comment.