Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking an experienced, self-starting, highly intelligent, personable, and detail-oriented manager to join the EMEA analyst relations (AR) team to focus on the UKs and Nordic market. The successful candidate will have the unique opportunity to help drive creation and execution of core strategic AR programs for AWS in the UK and in other EMEA markets. The AR Manager role is tasked with driving awareness of the rapidly expanding number of services in the AWS technology infrastructure portfolio and to facilitate the conversation around migrations to the cloud, security, cloud transformation, and data protection issues.
The UK/Nordic AR Manager must be comfortable with balancing strategic thinking with tactical, detailed tasks while working independently, solving ambiguously defined problems, identifying and facing big challenges, and adjusting to sudden and frequent changes. The AR manager must work closely with AWS leadership in the UK and EMEA to help provide strategic business advice in the context of the unique market situation in the UK and in Europe. The right candidate possesses UK media/analyst experience/relationships, understands cloud computing, especially as it relates to large Enterprises, can quickly understand technically deep topics, can successfully managed analyst vendor evaluations (including Gartner Magic Quadrants, Forrester Waves and local studies), and possess a proven track-record of securing powerful coverage results.
The AWS cloud computing platform is used today by over one million businesses and developers around the world, ranging from start-ups to Fortune 50 enterprises. These companies are consuming compute capacity, storage, database services and more in the cloud, rather than undertaking the heavy lifting of maintaining their own data centers. By implementing systems on these foundational components, businesses can focus on adding value to their customers and getting to market quickly rather than worrying about building and scaling physical infrastructure. Cloud computing is arguably one of the most impactful developments in technology within the last 20 years. AWS is a pioneer and leader in the fast growing field of cloud computing.
The AWS AR Manager will be responsible for:
- AWS Analyst Relations activities in UK and in at least one other European region/market (specifically the Nordic region)
- Drive analyst awareness of AWS service offerings and significantly expand analyst understanding of the unique AWS approach to cloud computing
- Drive analyst understanding of AWS’s ability to help Enterprises digitally transform using AWS and AWS partner services.
- Proactively and simultaneously manage local vendor ratings, and help secure positive placement of AWS services in key reports such as the Gartner Magic Quadrant, Forrester Wave and local studies
- Partner with local and EMEA leadership to deliver on-going AR program activities such as analyst briefings, inquiries, reporting and other core program tactics
- Manage AR activities at UK, European, and EMEA AWS events
- Manage (in cooperation with AWS marketing) AWS activities at Analyst-events such as Gartner Symposium and local analyst-firm events
- Advance the development, simplification and innovation of the AWS AR program while defining repeatable best practices for the organization
- Collaborate with PR and services teams to educate analysts on service and feature launches for ever-expanding portfolio of AWS services
- Prioritize and manage incoming requests for information, research review, customer references, event speakers, and research
- Write presentations and prepare executives for engaging with analysts
- Drive alignment with sales, marketing and product engineering to maximize awareness of customer requirements, existing market evidence, and AR program impact
- Extensive experience in combined press and analyst relations in tech sector
- Extensive AR experience directly interacting with Gartner, Forrester and other major IT industry analyst firms preferred.
- Written and Oral fluency in English. Fluency in additional European language is a plus.
- Experience managing vendor rating in multiple Gartner Magic Quadrants and Forrester Waves
- Experience managing a current network of analyst contacts
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Clearly understands technology and can abstract business/solution value
- Team player who is willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done
- Self-starter with a strong sense of ownership
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Able to prioritize in complex, fast-paced environment
- Natural tendency to invent, simplify, and take innovative approach to AR
- Creative thinker with bias for action
- Strong project management skills
- Previous, first-hand experience delivering analyst tours, analyst summit, and other events
Job ID: 1137643 | AWS EMEA SARL (UK Branch)