The Brand, Marketing and Communications (BMC) function has an important role to play in helping to achieve EY’s ambition to create long-term value as the world’s most trusted, distinctive professional services organization. We work hand in hand with the business to take services and solutions to market; bring our purpose, building a better working world, to life for our people, clients and communities; engage our people and build a high performing culture; and to build the commercial value and emotional resonance of the EY brand.
Through the collective power of BMC, and the other teams and specialists we work with, we aim to build a better working world by driving commercial value through distinctive marketing and communications that deliver measaurable market impact.
Job Title: Associate Director, Global Analyst Relations – Advisory
Job Rank: Associate Director (Senior Manager)
Function: Business Development, Marketing & CommunicationsSub Function: Brand, Marketing and CommunicationsScope: Global
Reports to: Global Analyst Relations LeadPosition Summary:
This is an amazing opportunity to work at EY, in a great team environment and where Analyst Relations is growing and helping to support the company’s strategy and vision.
This member of the Analyst Relations team will oversee, develop and execute a range of programs, and help manage some of the top relationships in the industry analyst community. Reporting to the Global Analyst Relations Lead, this position will accelerate and evolve the existing AR program, helping the company to:
- Develop more pro-active relationships with our growing community of analysts
- Provide management with strategic advice on analyst interactions
- Partner with the sales enablement organization, assist in driving deals with analyst support
- Collaborate with brand, marketing and communications to deliver content and programs to drive lead generation
- Broaden visibility of the company, its strategy and core services.
The position requires a commitment to innovation, excellent understanding of the professional services industry, and established relationships with industry analysts. Clear, concise and consistent communication skills are a must. This person must be comfortable with current market trends, competitive positioning and executive level interaction. An amazing ability to multi-task, be pro-active and prioritize while maintaining a sense of humour is desired.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Planning: ability to devise strategic plans that will drive impactful engagement with the analyst community
- Briefings / inquiries: proactively drive briefings / inquiries, advise senior leadership on best practice and ensure analysts are fully briefed on company’s strategy and vision.
- Strategy sessions: plan and conduct strategic advisory sessions with analysts and leadership resulting in a deeper understanding by the analyst community of EY’s capabilities
- Understanding of the market: ability to be a services and or technology expert, articulating company messages with external audiences, capable of editing papers according to company messaging, demonstrating excellent judgment for company’s best interest, strong situational analysis, and ability to negotiate.
- Events: Experience leading global analyst summits and analyst webcasts, further developing relationships with the analyst community and providing them with a wholistic view of EY’s offerings.
- Ability to work independently, whilst being a great team player
- Responsive and experience in successfully completing analyst ratings reports
- Experience working in a matrixed, international environment
- Spokesperson training and event management a plus
- Additional responsibilities incl: managing corporate website content and analyst relations section on internal company resources, contribute to internal Analyst Relations newsletter and updating content on the external AR portal
Knowledge, Competency and Skill Requirements:
- BA/BS in Communications/Marketing, Technology or Business preferred
- 15+ years of experience in Analyst Relations in the technology or professional services industry
- Excellent communication, writing, editing, and project management skills
- Proven ability to work under tight deadlines with limited resources
- Ability to multi-task and quickly prioritize projects and communicate priorities to stakeholders
- Good relationships with top analysts
- High level of energy, enthusiastic team player and dedication to excellence
- A positive, flexible attitude and a sense of humour are essential
- An in-house or agency background and experience of working with corporate, financial or professional services organizations
- Experience managing high-profile global analyst events
- Experience working with senior executives and managing individuals’ media profiles
- Consistently have EY recognized as a key player in its chosen markets by assigned influencers
- Maintain and enhance EYs positioning in those areas where we have already become recognized
- Build assigned influencer/analyst profiles
- Identify business opportunities as a direct result of assigned analyst/influencer activities
- Proactively solicit and develop EY firm/service profiles with a positive and differentiated view of our competencies
- Demonstrate ability to link and communicate effectively
- Identify significant locally based influencers in all major service areas, sectors, and regions
- Help build credible evidence of the continued success of the analyst program globally
- Be recognized by leadership in role
- This role will be based in London
- Global travel will be required pending business needs. The role necessitates attendance at several industry, analyst, EY events as well as internal meetings from time to time.
You must log in to post a comment.