Marketing | Atlanta, GA, United States, Boston, MA, United States, NY, NY, United States, San Francisco, CA, United States, San Mateo, CA, United States
Zuora is seeking a senior strategic Industry Analyst Relations leader to join an amazing team of global ZEOs to build a world-class AR function on top of a very strong foundation.For the last 100 years, companies have operated primarily under a product-centric business model, where the goal was to make, ship, and sell more units. Today, there’s a demand to have products and services delivered on a continual, subscription basis; to upgrade and access new innovations and features constantly. This is the end of ownership and it changes everything. Our vision is “The World Subscribed” where one day every company will be a part of the Subscription Economy® (a phrase coined by our CEO, Tien Tzuo).
Zuora provides cloud-based software on a subscription basis that enables any company in any industry to successfully launch, manage, and transform into a subscription business. Our growth story is only just beginning. Zuora has been named a leader in Forrester’s most recent Wave on Recurring Customer and Billing Management, IDC’s MarketScape on Subscription Relationship Management and a visionary in Gartner’s most recent Magic Quadrant on CPQ solutions.
This is a key, strategic cross-functional role that will work with a variety of experts at all levels of the business. Reporting into the VP of global brand and communications, you’ll engage regularly with product management, product marketing, finance, global services, engineering, sales and marketing teams. You’ll leverage your experience to build lasting, credible relationships with top-tier and specialized analyst firms based on a demonstrated command of product and technical knowledge. If you understand financial operations, have a knack for competitive positioning, want to help forge a new category of enterprise software with an industry innovator and leader with the whole company’s support behind you, then this position is for you.
Join us and make shift happen!
What you’ll do:
- Lead and continue to build Zuora’s Analyst Relations function to help the company quickly respond and formulate informed points of view around industry trends and shifts in the competitive landscape
- Share relevant or emerging analyst research with senior management; keep current on competitive developments in our space
- Provide strategic counsel to senior management as to how to engage best with key influencers to inform and evolve product strategy
- Collaborate cross-organizationally with colleagues in marketing, sales, product, engineering, finance and legal as required
- Work closely with product marketing, finance, engineering and product management to educate analysts and proactively engage with analysts on topics strategic to our business
- Develop, manage and execute a targeted analyst relations strategy to identify and highlight key research projects with existing or prospective Zuora customers
- Influence research on Zuora, our competitors and our growing market to shape perceptions of Zuora and the value we bring to our customers
- Proactively engage with top tier and specialized analyst relations firms to bring insights to our product development, marketing, engineering and services teams that help shape strategy and our competitiveness in the market
- Procure and manage qualitative and quantitative research projects on behalf of Zuora
- Manage budgets, scope of engagement and overall vendor relationships — conducting annual contract negotiations, procuring special services, inquiries or strategy day.
What you’ll achieve:
- Work with top-tier industry analyst firms to align on a quickly emerging new category of enterprise software
- Lead the company through Gartner’s first Magic Quadrant for Subscription Management
- Help to define and evolve our product and platform positioning in the market
- Become an industry authority on the emergence of the Global Subscription Economy
- Leverage relationships with analyst firms to develop thought leadership content and help define best practices and learnings for customers and prospects
- Significantly contribute to product strategy, customer success, marketing momentum and sales enablement
- Over time, build the Analyst Relations team for Zuora
What you’ll need to be successful:
- 7-10+ years of experience with a well-regarded, fast-paced, high growth, global tech company
- Strong working knowledge of financial operations, market and competitive intelligence, analyst relations, public relations or investor relations are valuable
- Executive presence, with an ability to express a point-of-view and provide strategic counsel to senior execs
- A track record of leveraging influencer skills with the tenacity, patience and determination to challenge long held beliefs or challenge conventional wisdom
- A keen understanding of building credible and strategic relationships with key industry analysts and influencers
- Experience analyzing and evaluating qualitative and quantitative research in the technology industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with product marketing, strategic positioning, finance or analysis of industries undergoing rapid transformation is a plus, including emerging business models in B2B, B2C, cloud services, software-as-a-service, Internet Of Things or related industries are a plus
- MBA, product marketing or strategy/management consulting background is a plus
Zuora provides the leading cloud-based subscription management platform that functions as a system of record for subscription businesses across all industries. Powering the Subscription Economy®, the Zuora platform was architected specifically for dynamic, recurring subscription business models and acts as an intelligent subscription management hub that automates and orchestrates the entire subscription order-to-cash process, including billing and revenue recognition.
At Zuora, every employee is the CEO of their career and leading our mission are over 1,200 passionate and innovative ZEOs who value freedom, responsibility and accountability in equal measure because they have the capacity to make shift happen. Our culture isn’t an empty branding effort – our ZEOs love working here and it shows in our 4.2+ rating on Glassdoor. We take it very seriously. We encourage our employees to be curious, creative, and stay focused on our shared mission of enabling our customers to be successful.
Zuora serves more than 1,000 companies around the world, including Box, Komatsu, Rogers, Schneider Electric, Xplornet and Zendesk. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zuora also operates offices in Atlanta, Boston, Frisco, Denver, San Francisco, London, Paris, Beijing, Sydney, Chennai and Tokyo.
At Zuora, different perspectives, experiences and contributions matter. Everyone counts. Zuora is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.