Accenture is looking for a dynamic media relations pro to lead the strategy, execution and coordination of a comprehensive media relations program for Accenture’s business across Canada, with a particular focus on media in Toronto and Montreal. The role is responsible for generating top tier media coverage in influential, media outlets in support of Accenture’s business objectives, and includes executive positioning programs for our Canadian leaders.
Reporting to the Managing Director, Media Relations for North America, this individual will work closely with the Canada Marketing & Communications Lead to support campaign and message development around important marketing initiatives. The individual will also collaborate with national, industry, business and global media relations and analyst relations colleagues across the company to leverage content for locally relevant stories, and will complement the media relations program with social media to amplify awareness and visibility
While there will never be a typical day at Accenture, here’s a look at some of your responsibilities.
- Create and lead a Canada media and analyst relations strategy, including identifying key market and geographic themes and providing input to the Canada geographic marketing strategy;
- Drive the media release pipeline, for market- or geographic-relevant research studies and surveys, corporate citizenship activities, inclusion & diversity initiatives, people on the move stories and civic- and community-oriented stories;
- Establish executive positioning platforms for Canada business leads;
- Coach and prepare spokespeople;
- Work with Canada marketing & communications team to create and execute effective social media campaigns;
- Monitor the competitive landscape for media mentions and share of voice, applying this knowledge to improve Accenture’s overall position in Canada;
- Conduct and analyze market/competitor/influencer research as input to positioning and external marketing and communications plans;
- Drive the application process for locally important awards and rankings; promote wins;
- Develop channel and/or tactic-specific external messages to support the geographic agenda in the marketplace;
- Manage and develop professional working relationships with key journalists and client peers with the support of the PR agency;
- Drive efficient programs with our PR agency in key Canadian markets;
- Integrate local media relations plans and activities with other integrated marketing programs led by the Associate Director, Marketing & Communications for Canada;
- Ensure that Canada media relations initiatives are consistent with strategic business objectives for North America
You must log in to post a comment.