Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking an experienced, self-starting, highly intelligent, personable, and detail-oriented manager to join the EMEA analyst relations (AR) team to focus on the French, Italian and Spanish markets. The successful candidate will have the unique opportunity to help drive creation and execution of core strategic AR programs for AWS in these markets. The AR Manager role is tasked with driving awareness of the rapidly expanding number of services in the AWS technology infrastructure portfolio and to facilitate the conversation around security, trust, and data protection issues.
The France/Italy/Spain AR Manager must be comfortable with balancing strategic thinking with tactical, detailed tasks while working independently, solving ambiguously defined problems, identifying and facing big challenges, and adjusting to sudden and frequent changes. The AR manager must work closely with AWS leadership to help provide strategic business advice in the context of the unique market situation in those 3 countries. The right candidate possesses local media/analyst experience/relationships, understand the EU data protection and data privacy environment, can quickly understand technically deep topics, can successfully managed analyst vendor evaluations (such as Gartner Magic Quadrants), and possess a proven track-record of securing powerful coverage results. The right candidate must be fluent in English and French and at least Italian or Spanish. The preferred location for this position is Paris, France but candidates in Milan and Madrid will also be considered.
- 10+ years of combined press and analyst relations experience in the tech industry
- 5+ years of AR experience directly interacting with Gartner, Forrester and other major IT industry analyst firms
- Written and Oral fluency in English and French. Fluency in either Spanish or Italian a plus.
- Experience managing vendor rating in multiple Gartner Magic Quadrants and Forrester Waves
- Experience managing a current network of analyst contacts
- Fluency in English, French, and Spanish and/or Italian
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Clearly understand technology and can abstract business/solution value
- Team player who is willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done
- Self-starter with a strong sense of ownership
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Able to prioritize in complex, fast-paced environment
- Natural tendency to invent, simplify, and take innovative approach to AR
- Creative thinker with bias for action
- Strong project management skills
- Previous, first-hand experience delivering analyst tours, analyst summit, and other events