Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking an experienced, self-motivated, and detail-oriented communications professional to help build its Worldwide Public Sector (WWPS) Analyst Relations (AR) program. The AR Manager will need to stay closely aligned to the WWPS business leaders and develop a program that “influences the influencers” in support of key business goals.
The successful candidate must be a builder – someone who can take a business challenge and develop a solution to be run at a global scale. He/she will need to be creative, with a passion for finding outside-of-the-box ways to make an impact on a market.
The right candidate possesses communications and public sector experience, with a track-record of successfully managing programs on a global scale – this includes the ability to quickly understand technically deep topics, successfully deliver on numerous collaborative projects, and manage day-to-day operations related to program activities in a global organization. In this role, the candidate will have a direct opportunity to create AWS AR programs and measure results via new approaches. He/she must be comfortable with balancing strategic thinking with tactical, detailed execution while working independently, sorting through ambiguously defined problems, and identifying market challenges and opportunities for our customers.
This role is based in the DC metro area (Herndon or Ballston office) and will require periodic domestic and international travel.
- Develop and execute Worldwide Public Sector AR scale programs in collaboration with regional AR leads to educate the international IT analyst community
- Drive influencer awareness of AWS’s Public Sector business, customers, and offerings to significantly expand analyst understanding of the unique AWS approach to cloud computing
- Deliver on-going AR program activities such as analyst briefings, inquiries, reporting, and other core program tactics
- Run programs at global Public Sector summits and events
- Proactively manage vendor ratings, and secure positive placement of AWS services in key reports
- Prioritize and manage incoming requests for information, research review, customer references, event speakers, and research
- Write presentations and prepare AWS Executives for engaging with analysts
- Driving alignment with sales, marketing, and product teams to maximize awareness of customer requirements, existing market evidence, and AR program impact
- 5+ years of analyst relations/communications/product marketing/public relations experience in the tech industry
- 2+ years of experience with education and government business verticals
- Experience in supporting Sales, Product, and/or Marketing teams at a mid-to-large scale multi-geographical organization
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Clearly understand technology and can abstract business/solution value
- Self-starter with a strong sense of ownership
- Able to prioritize in a complex, fast-paced environment
- Creative thinker with bias for action
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Previous experience in cloud computing via product programs or a marketing role
- Passion for working in a lean, fast-paced organization, and desire to own and refine key operational processes
- Ability to adapt to a fast-changing and evolving role
- Desire to grow with the team and take on additional responsibilities
- Natural tendency to invent, simplify, and take innovative approach to AR
Analyst Relations Manager, AWS Worldwide Public Sector