Canonical is the company behind Ubuntu, the leading operating system for container, cloud, and hyperscale computing. The majority of public cloud workloads and large-scale private cloud deployments are on Ubuntu. Ubuntu is also the preferred choice to develop and run applications such as AI or blockchain and leading in IoT with new smart gateways, self-driving cars and advanced robots being developed.
Canonical provides enterprise products, support and services for Ubuntu. Established in 2004, Canonical is a privately held company.
Canonical is looking for a Communications Manager to help drive the global media, analyst and social program across all divisions. Reporting to the Communications Director, this new London based role has been created to provide support to a busy and exciting communications function across Canonical.
Working across all of Canonical’s offerings, the role will collaborate with product management, marketing and sales teams to drive integrated campaigns and ensure earned media coverage through public and analyst relations targeted at enterprises, developers and end-users.
Good travel opportunities, predominantly to the US and Europe. Plus great benefits on offer.
- Working with external agencies in the UK, US and Japan to deliver the PR and AR plans.
- Day to day coordination and management of the press office and agencies.
- Creation and supporting of content development including press releases, features, bylined articles, internal messaging, developer interviews and blogs.
- Management, scheduling and reporting of Canonical’s social media channels including LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
- Media and analyst event support and attendance, where necessary.
- Close coordination with marketing colleagues to maximise content including whitepapers, case studies and webinars across all channels.
- Identifying relevant influencers and devising plans on how to effectively engage with them.
- Liaison with and briefing of spokespeople ahead of PR/AR activity.
- Liaison with external partners and customers to jointly leverage marketing and PR activity.
- Production and distribution management of quarterly analyst newsletter.
- Maintenance of the company press centre.
- Reporting on all communications activities as per business requirements and integrating with existing marketing analytics.
Required skills and experience:
- Degree level education preferred.
- 3+ years experience in PR, social media and/or analyst relations at an agency or in house
- Excellent writing skills and ability to position technical content to a range of audiences
- Ability to influence and engage with a range of stakeholders from senior management to software engineers.
- Experience in, or a good understanding of the B2B software industry with a passion for technology, especially cloud and the internet of things.
- Good understanding of how to leverage communications work through wider marketing channels.
- Superior English-language communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Experience running influencer programmes to a B2B audience.
- Experience targeting developers and other audiences outside of traditional media.
You must log in to post a comment.