The BMC function has an important role to play in helping to achieve EY’s Vision 2020 ambition to become the leading global professional services organization. We work hand in hand with the business to take services and solutions to market; bring our purpose, building a better working world, to life for our people, clients and communities; engage our people and build a high performing culture; and to build the commercial value and emotional resonance of the EY brand.
BMC is led globally by Karen Hopkins. The function is made up of around 2,000 professionals, working across the Executive and Regions in the following areas of specialism: Brand; Marketing; PR/Media Relations & External Communications; Internal Communications &Employee Engagement; Corporate communications.
BMC also includes a number of teams who are responsible for content development, editorial, webcasts, events-staging, strategy, planning and operations. Through the collective power of BMC, and the other teams and specialists we work with, we aim to build a better working world by driving commercial value through distinctive marketing and communications that deliver measurable market impact.
Function: Brand, Marketing & Communications (BMC)
Sub Function: Brand / External Communications – Analyst Relations
Job Rank: Assistant Director
Location: London / New York (Global travel will be required pending business needs)
This is an amazing opportunity to work at EY, in a great team environment and where Analyst Relations is growing and helping to support the company’s 2020 Vision. We are looking for a great candidate to fill a maternity cover.
Your key responsibilities
This member of the Analyst Relations team will oversee, develop and execute a range of programs, and help manage some of the top relationships in the industry analyst community. Reporting to the Global Analyst Relations Director, this position will accelerate and evolve the existing AR program, helping the company to:
• Develop more strategic relationships with our growing community of analysts
• Provide management with strategic consultation on services
• Partner with the sales enablement organization, assist in driving deals with analyst support
• Collaborate with brand, marketing and communications to deliver content and programs to drive lead generation
• Broaden visibility of the company, its strategy and core services.
The position requires a commitment to innovation, excellent understanding of the professional services industry, and established relationships with industry analysts. Clear, concise and consistent communication skills are a must. This person must be comfortable with current market trends, competitive positioning and executive level interaction. An amazing ability to multi-task, be pro-active and prioritize while maintaining a sense of humour is desired.
Desired Skills and Experience
Skills and attributes for success
- Proactively make suggestions, conduct planning sessions and advise on positioning and tactics
- Ability to be a services expert and capable of editing papers and co-developing Analyst briefing presentations with teams according to company messaging, provide direction on custom projects
- Plan and execute AR program for designated areas of responsibility
- Log and Report on Analyst activity in Architect
- Demonstrate excellent judgment for company’s best interest, strong situational analysis, and ability to negotiate
- Articulate company messages with external audiences to secure support both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently, whilst being a great team player
- Responsive and experience in successfully completing analyst ratings reports
- Experience working in a matrixed, international environment
- Spokesperson training and event management a plus
- Manage corporate website content and analyst relations section on internal company resources
To qualify for the role you must have
- BA/BS in Communications, Technology or Business preferred
- 10+ years of experience in Analyst Relations in the technology or professional services industry
- Excellent communication, writing, editing, and project management skills
- Proven ability to work under tight deadlines with limited resources
- Ability to multi-task and quickly prioritize projects and communicate priorities to stakeholders
- Good relationships with top analysts
- High level of energy, enthusiastic team player and dedication to excellence
- A positive, flexible attitude and a sense of humor are desirable
- An IIAR certification will be beneficial for this role
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For more information and to apply for this role click here