Analyst Relations Manager
San Francisco, CA | Seattle, WA | Portland, OR
The Analyst Relations Manager will be responsible for maintaining and establishing existing and new relationships with influential industry analysts, the AR Manager will also become a valuable conduit of sage advice regarding competitors, market trends and new technologies. The AR Manager will facilitate a two-way communications process between internal messaging experts and the industry analysts. This role will have existing relationships and great rapport with industry analysts, and be able to service ongoing requirements for product information, case studies, sales successes, marketing events and conferences to advance Intel Services’ and Mashery’s message and value proposition. The AR Manager should possess corporate marketing experience and excellent communications skills. Successful candidates will have a firm grasp of Intel Services and Mashery’s market, and understand enterprise technology corporate positioning and product messaging best practices. The ideal candidate will have a good collaborative relationship with product managers and executive spokespeople. The AR Manager assists the Head of Division Communications with the development and implementation of an effective analyst relations program. The AR Manager will report to the Head of Division Communications.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Work with product marketing to secure positive analysts reports, and deliver quality information to analysts.
- Establish processes for ongoing communication and education Work with analyst firms to complete research reports and whitepapers of industry analysts.
- Facilitate analyst briefings interviews during specific events.
- Secure analyst quotes for press releases.
- Prepare analyst briefing tours, presentations, and documents.
- Oversee budget, analysis and recommendations for purchased analyst research services.
- Support the corporate communications team in other PR-related programs and activities.
- Respond to analyst inquiries, monitoring briefings, ensuring that deliverables are provided and suggesting research topics.
- Develop and monitor an analyst report calendar for coverage potential.
- Facilitate information exchange with outside PR firm.
Professional Experience Requirements
- The effective AR Manager will have a corporate communications and marketing background with an overall understanding of company technology and products.
- A college degree is required
- Experience working with technology industry analysts
- In-house or agency experience
- Experience with product launch and/or briefings with outside industry trade press and analysts.
- Ability to be a self-starter with proven project and business management skills.
- Polished communication and writing skills to represent the division in front of discriminating industry analysts.
- Excellent communications and collaboration skills will also be valuable for working with various Product and Marketing Managers within the company.
- Ability to work independently to demonstrate the value of the Analyst Relations function.
- In the absence of a marketing executive or spokesperson, the AR Manager must be able to present the corporate presentation in front of industry analysts in a formal event or over the phone. Therefore, presentation skills are also required.
- IIAR Membership preferred, although not essential
Apply with Jake Honig, Jhonig at mashery dot com
For over seven years Mashery has had a front row seat to the exploding Web API movement. With over 175 brands, hundreds of APIs, 235,000+ developers, and over 88,000+ active applications running on Mashery-powered APIs, we are the market leader in providing API management technology and services. Our diverse client portfolio includes companies such as Best Buy, New York Times, ESPN, Expedia, TED, and Comcast. We have real customers, real revenue, and a very real product, all developed by a talented and passionate team at one of the ‘Best Places to Work in the Bay Area.’
Mashery is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Agency Recruiters Take Note:
Please do not spam us with unsolicited candidate resumes. Unless you have a fully executed agreement with us, we will consider them a gift. Do not send resumes to any of the executives.