- What are your coverage areas?
euroLAN Research has covered channels (ie Routes to Market) in EMEA since 1993 (we celebrate our 20 year anniversary in March next year). We focus on ITC, Security, Telecoms and Datacomms vendors but could have equally performed channel analysis for most industries.
- What are your opinions of the IT Analysis Marketplace and where do you see it going?
The consolidation appears to be balanced by the start-ups and spin-offs so remains static except that the new entrants have a sharper focus.
- What’s your typical day like?
Check twitter, email and LinkedIn before arriving in the office and catch up with colleagues who are mostly remote and then it’s either desk based research or telephone interviews or getting out talking to channel partners.
- How do you position your firm? What is your business model? Primarily vendors but some larger International channel partners.
- What is your research methodology, in 255 characters or less? Primarily qualitative and quantitative research on behalf of vendors balanced with face to face and telephone interviews.
- Any favourite AR professional you’d like to mention? Any why?
Ray Wang is fun and we have enjoyed partnering with IDC as it has very pragmatic executives.
- Tell us about one good AR practice you’ve experienced or one good AR event you’ve attended.
At analyst events I have always enjoyed “progressive dinners” where the vendor executives rotate among analysts during dinner. Cisco’s first Partner Summit in Hawaii was the best event I have attended.
- What are your offerings and key deliverables?
Our measure is highly satisfied clients by over delivering on expectations in our consultancy projects.
- Any hobbies or favourite restaurant / food that you’d like to share?
F1, cricket and rugby as a spectator and playing Bridge. When euroLAN had its Christmas lunch at the Fat Duck in Bray it managed to exceed very high expectations.
- Is there another analyst whose work you rate highly? Chris Lewis (it is his turn to buy lunch)!
Today is an opportunity to find out more about Keith Humphreys at euroLAN Research. Keith is a consultant based in the UK and has been with euroLAN since 1994 studying networking vendors, analysing their markets and competitors. He holds a degree in Engineering from the University of Westminster and can be found on twitter and Linkedin.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.