The PRAR Specialist is responsible for developing and implementing global content and programs to ensure that ARM, the company and our products, are visible across media and analyst segments and that we are achieving our goals relative to various stakeholder audiences. This is a fantastic opportunity to join the growing communications team at ARM at a time when the company is topical and evolving alongside industry partners. If you get ARM then you will understand the potential for this role. We are looking for an enthusiast, as well as someone with excellent written English language and press / analyst relations skills.
The primary purpose of this role is to drive content for use in ARM’s media and analyst/influencer relations activities. Working in conjunction with the marcom team and external PR agencies, the successful candidate will develop media content to support programmes that meet divisional, segment and corporate goals. In addition to providing council on editorial content, the successful candidate will ensure the proper processes and methodologies are in place for consistent and impactful messaging, content accuracy and appropriateness of material to audience. Strong English language and content development skills, with the ability to act proactively in the development and delivery of content, are a must. Attention to detail is also a requirement, as well as the ability to drive and adhere to internal processes.
The role will also undertake classical press and analyst relations activities, such as working with the PR agencies and ARM Partners around the world on projects, everyday activities and co-ordinating press visits to ARM offices.
Based in Cambridge, UK this role will have little or no travel
Please note that for the right candidate, we may be able to consider this position on a part-time basis. This role will be a 12 month Fixed-Term contract.
- Write press releases and other forms of media communication.
- Manage company-wide PR approval process, working with various groups within ARM.
- Article writing, both technical and thought leadership business orientated.
- Driving content toolkits for use with the press and analyst communities.
- Work with PR & marcom team on division and segment programs, and drive PR campaigns and objectives.
- Support key press and analyst events with content and co-ordination
Manage on-line newsroom.
Education & Qualifications
University degree in English, journalism, communications or a technical discipline etc
Masters level degree or higher desired
Essential Skills & Experience
- Substantial and significant experience, preferably in journalism or PR content creation for the high tech industry – in particular, press release and media oriented material authoring skills
Impeccable verbal and written communications skills .
- Ability to think under pressure and act quickly with sound judgment and high-quality output.
- Innate understanding of various media, targeted audiences and the stories applicable to different segments.
- Appreciation for all media formats, and an understanding of trends in the media landscape.
- Innovative thinking combined with knowledge of a broad range of media needed to develop new media strategies.
- Demonstrate strong judgement in understanding key trends and news elements to develop a successful PR program.
- Demonstrate exceptional strategic thinking and planning abilities.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong relationships with technology and business journalists.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Background in technical or business journalism.
- Strong relationships with broadcast journalists and industry analysts.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and executing successful issues-based and thought leadership materials.
- Demonstrable skills in building strong relationships and trust with cross-functional groups and executive spokespeople.
- Experience with ARM partner community, and the ability to build a strong network of relationships with ARM and its partners
- Meticulous with an eye-for-detail and accuracy.
- Responsive, and available outside of normal working hours.
- Proactive not Reactive.
- Ability to work, communicate and motivate at all levels of the company.
- Ability to produce high quality work under strict and constant deadlines.
- Ability to drive consensus and take charge on editorial / content matters.
- Capable of working as a team player or independently
- Highly motivated, reliable, self starter
For further information and to apply click here
4 thoughts on “[Job Posting] Press/Analyst Relations Specialist for ARM – UK”
I’ve read and re-read this job posting, but I cannot see why ARM are including analysts in the spec. It’s a traditional tech PR job with a bit of AR thrown in for good measure – perhaps it’s what ARM need at this point in time, but they are unlikely to set the analyst world alight with this approach. I wonder if remuneration will be linked to the number of clippings achieved?
I absolutely agree with you Dominic. They need a PR person. This is a wrong job posting in IIAR. I suggest IIAR should do a thorough check before allowing jobs to be posted. I found another wrong posting earlier from Ofcom who need Financial Analyst Relations Manager and NOT Industry Analyst Relations Manager.
Thank you for your comments Rahul. However, as we know the analyst relations world is changing and now encompasses a much wider sphere of market influencers. An AR professional may be well positioned to take on an investor relations position – as in the case of Ofcom – or take on a more PR-led role, as with ARM. We hope to represent all of our members’ interests in posting these roles – some will be more relevant than others depending on personal experience. I can assure you that we carefully check each job posting but do not provide advice to either applicant or recruiter, merely highlight the positions available.
Agree with Henrietta -some of those hybrid roles can be a good stepping stone to a full Influencer Relations / AR job.
You must log in to post a comment.