Sr. Manager, Analyst Relations, Cloud Infrastructure
Location: Palo Alto, California
VMware (NYSE: VMW) is the global leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure, two areas that consistently rank as top priorities among CIOs. VMware delivers award-winning, customer-proven solutions that accelerate IT by reducing complexity and enabling more flexible, agile service delivery. Our solutions help organizations of all sizes, lower costs, increase business agility and ensure freedom of choice. We are searching for people who are ready to energize, innovate and lead to join our team of more than 9,000 employees in 40+ locations worldwide working to develop innovative solutions that deliver the future of IT through cloud computing. Having the audacity to challenge constraints and problem-solve for tomorrow starts today, and it starts with you. Learn more at www.vmware.com/careers.
Why work for our Division:
The Marketing & Alliances teams play an instrumental role in helping to build VMware into a category-defining company. As part of the team, you will work to build, evangelize and deliver world-class virtualization solutions, products, and services to customers and partners.
Why work with our group:
Corporate Marketing sets strategy and works with employees throughout the world to execute an integrated marketing plan across all marketing channels and geographies to support marketing strategy and direction for specific VMware solutions. The Corporate and Field Marketing teams work extensively with sales, product management and product marketing as well as outside agencies in order to execute integrated marketing campaigns and programs that include online, print, email, direct mail, webinars, seminars, tradeshows and executive marketing sessions.
The Global Communications team reports into the office of the CMO and is responsible for generating awareness for VMware’s business, thought leadership for the company’s technology, products, and vision and core messaging to drive core communications goals. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to manage Industry Analyst communications activities for one of the most strategic and relevant technology portfolios at the clear, established market leader. Success in this role is core to VMware’s strategy to guide global enterprises through the next phase of Information Technology.
The Senior Manager, Cloud Infrastructure Analyst Relations is focused on driving the strategic relationship and efforts with global Industry Analysts tracking the market trends and vendor strategies of virtualization and cloud infrastructure vendors. The individual in this role will establish and maintain strong, positive relationships between VMware and the industry analysts covering Cloud Infrastructure market trends, including server virtualization, private, public and hybrid cloud offerings, next generation management technologies and security solutions. Collaboration across multiple product divisions, executive teams and internal and external stakeholders is essential.
The individual in this position plays a critical role in the thought leadership position of VMware within the rapidly changing cloud computing market. However, the success of this function plays an equally important role in influencing near and long-term purchasing decisions as global enterprises continue to look to third-party guidance in strategic purchasing.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing the ongoing relationships of key global influencers from Gartner, Forrester, IDC and other analyst firms
- Driving regular engagement through executive strategy sessions, ongoing inquiries, time sensitive briefings and regular interaction and relationship building
- Driving success through key deliverables including the Gartner Magic Quadrant, Forrester Waves, annual market share exercises and more.
- Play a leadership role counseling product, business unit and executive leadership teams on specific analyst activities and long-term strategies
- Lead the analyst strategy for Cloud Infrastructure and Management launch activities, including message development, strategic consulting, message testing, briefings and more.
- Provide key direction for broad analyst relations programs such as annual analyst conferences, education programs and analyst-run events.
- Develop processes and practices that improve analyst relations activities across the company
- Have advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Be a strategic thinker and solid executer
- Ability to collaborate and develop positive business relationships with all cross-functional areas within VMware and with peers
- Independent thinking combined with the flexibility to succeed in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Solid understanding and proven track record of public relations strategies, programs, campaigns, media relations, etc. on a global level
- Strong self-starter with proven project management skills, including handling multiple assignments from conception to completion.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree
- Minimum of 10+ years experience in technology marketing (analyst relations experience in the enterprise software sector preferred)
- Position located full time in Palo Alto, CA
- Ability to travel 20% of the time worldwide and within country
VMware is proud of the benefits we extend to our employees, including ample paid time off and flexible work schedules that promote a healthy work-life balance.
VMware is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, nor any other basis prohibited by law.
To apply for this position please contact: