Managing Director of Industry Analyst Relations, Technology Practice
Location: The Director/MD can be based in Boston, New York City, Chicago, San Francisco or DC.
Burson-Marsteller’s Technology Practice has an opening at the Director (VP) or Managing Director (SVP) level. This is a high profile position working with major global clients. Analyst relations experience is required such as outreach to support events and announcements, creating strategic plans, and recommending strategies and tactics to support client analyst relations objectives. Candidates should possess strong writing and client counseling skills as well as the ability to pitch and win new business. The Director/MD will be responsible for leading new business strategies and execution encompassing public relations and IAR.
Directors and Managing Directors contribute to the global growth and performance of the firm by leading large complex client relationships and programs; generating significant new business; attracting new talent and developing and retaining existing staff; and enhancing the firm’s intellectual capital by driving innovation, developing new products and services, and leveraging our strategic platform of knowledge, insights and ideas.
- Act as a Trusted Advisor at the C-Suite level
- Leverage existing relationships and grow new ones with industry analysts for the benefit of clients
- Drive the analyst relations program to meet client objectives
- Recommend and execute (with team’s assistance) analyst communications and relationship building campaigns to leverage major announcements, wins, partnerships, etc. within the analyst community, including targeting industry conferences and events.
- Provide strategic input to client IAR presentations and messaging.
- Develop IAR plan objectives, strategies and tactics based on both a big picture understanding of the client’s objectives and analyst critical success factors.
- Develop and deliver on IAR program reporting metrics
- Actively involved, and expected to cultivate new business as well as work with existing stable of clients
- Profitably lead at least one major client relationship and/or oversee a portfolio of large client relationships. Develop overall communications programs for these clients
- Profitably identify and/or lead new business efforts to secure significant new business from new or existing clients each year
- Proactively manage client expectations and ensure that all issues impacting client satisfaction are addressed
- Manage the key financial metrics of client relationships, including client contribution and working capital
- Recruit new talent that broadens and deepens our capabilities
- Play a lead role in developing staff. Can include acting as Professor or Coach for a training program and/or serving as a Mentor
- Proactively address staff performance issues
- Leverage the resources of WPP/Young & Rubicam Brands while seeking opportunities to grow client relationships into new geographic areas and practice capabilities
- Raise the visibility and enhance the reputation of the firm externally through activities such as published articles and guest speaking engagements
- Where appropriate, take the lead in driving global expertise around a capability, product or methodology
- Provide strategic counsel while taking a long-term perspective
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of the client’s business and challenges
- Profitably maintain, grow and develop business, applying an in-depth knowledge of financial and business concepts while meeting the objectives of the client
- Formulate a vision for an area of responsibility that is communicated to employees in a compelling and actionable way
- Lead and manage multiple complex projects, usually cross-border and often cross-network
- Attract, develop and retain talent
- Manage teams and individuals to enable them to perform to their fullest potential. Set clear expectations and demand high performance
- Motivate teams and individuals
- Match the needs of the client to the knowledge/expertise of the team members.
- Quickly and thoroughly diagnose situations, make the tough decisions and implement swift action plans
- Think creatively and strategically
- Resolve conflict and negotiate effectively and tactfully
- 15+ years of professional experience in roles of increasing complexity and geographic reach
- Reputation as expert in IAR
When applying, please include cover letter, resume and salary requirements. Please apply directly to Gustavo Llamas, US Recruitment Manager, Burson-Marsteller, Gustavo.Llamas@bm.com.
Burson-Marsteller (www.bm.com), established in 1953, is a leading global public relations and communications consultancy. It provides clients with strategic thinking and program execution across a full range of public relations, public affairs, advertising, and web-related services. The firm’s seamless worldwide network consists of 68 wholly-owned offices and 70 affiliated offices, together operating in 96 countries across six continents. Burson-Marsteller is a part of Young & Rubicam Brands, a subsidiary of WPP Group plc (NASDQ: WPPGY), one of the world’s leading communications services networks. Burson-Marsteller is an Equal Opportunity Employer, EEO, AAE, MFDV.