The first AR Community Call will be on Thursday 19th May 2011 at 0900 PDT / 1200 EDT / 1700 BST / 1800 CEST.It will be focused on updates about Ovum, its two research divisions, and upcoming events. Future calls will discuss research agendas, methodologies, procedures, the new Ombudsman function, and more. A big goal of these calls will be to answer your questions about Ovum and hear your suggestions for how we can work more effective with you and your companies.
RSVP to carter.lusher.at.ovum to receive the conference call info and presentation.
Agenda for Ovum’s inaugural AR Community Call
· Welcome & introduction – Carter Lusher (5 minutes)
· Ovum business update – Brett Azuma (10)
· Ovum Telecoms update – Richard Mahon (10)
· Ovum Technology update – Ian Charlesworth (10)
· Ovum Industry Congress update – Tim Jennings (5)
· Vendor Bill of Rights – Carter Lusher (5)
· Q&A – all, Carter Lusher moderate (15)
- How often do you think Ovum should carry those calls?
My take on this
- While Ovum is not the first mover, it is good to see another major IT Analysis firm following in Gartner’s footsteps and looking to work more collaboratively with AR pros, an important channel and prescriber for those firms. At last.
- Both Ovum and Gartner do genuinely ask for AR Pros’ input, often via the IIAR, to validate interests and define requirements for new products.
- Forrester’s AR Council on the other hand is closed (membership costs over $25k) and aims more at providing best practices for AR.