The Senior Director, Corporate Industry Analyst Relations is responsible for managing the relationships between the company and industry analysts that cover the IT networking industry. This position also manages a global team of Analyst Relations personnel that support the company’s various disciplines in the industry analyst community.
SENIOR DIRECTOR, CORPORATE INDUSTRY ANALYST RELATIONS
The Senior Director must be able to understand the nuances associated with each analyst group and demonstrate an ability to tailor communications for key analysts to achieve the best results. The Senior Director will provide added value both to the analyst community and company executives through knowledge of industry trends and understanding of both the organization’s strategies and those of additional players in the IT networking space.
Candidates must demonstrate an ability to work with many different constituents to come to consensus on how to communicate to industry influencers in a way that is aligned with business goals. The ideal candidate will be able to gracefully bridge the tension between what the analyst community wants to know and what the company is working to communicate. Candidates should have strong interpersonal skills, and a proven record of being able to establish relationships in the influencer community and how those connections impact sales. In addition, candidates should have a familiarity and background in the development and execution of primary research aligned with the corporation’s business interests.
Specific responsibilities include:
Leading a team to achieve a value added role supporting communications and business objectives for the company
● Working with the product and solutions business groups to develop the go-to-market messages that are credible and drive the organization’s strategy forward.
● Deepen the relationship with key influencers to improve overall perception and ensure understanding of company strategy, value proposition and relevant proof points.
● Counseling spokespeople about how to approach each meeting to achieve an optimal outcome.
● Maintaining a pulse on activities in the influencer community to identify opportunities to insert the company into relevant discussions and insure inclusion in appropriate reports.
● Keeping the team updated on coverage to help internal constituents evaluate market trends, competitive threats and overall themes that could affect decisions and strategy.
● Supporting activities (initiatives/launches, events, etc.) to maximize impact on the influencer community.
● Develop and execute research for validation of business messaging.
The Senior Director must be passionate about helping the company achieve its mission and be driven to “win”. Energy, commitment and intellectual curiosity are essential.
● Knowledge of the IT Networking space as well as service provider markets (wire line, wireless, cable and emerging).
● 12-15 years of related industry analyst relations experience.
● Strong organizational skills and the ability to juggle the demands of multiple internal “clients.”
● Attention to detail is important, with an ability to manage both internal and external project deadlines.
● Strong technical and business background, with the ability to link the two in ways that are meaningful to the influencer community.
● Must be a team player, with an ability to influence and build consensus.
● Exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills are required.
● BA required.
● Travel 10-20%.
Job Title: Senior Director, Corporate Industry Analyst Relations
Company: High Tech, Business to Business
Reporting to: Vice President, Corporate Communications
Location: Corporate Headquarters, Silicon Valley, CA
Management: Staff of five direct reports
For further information: in confidence, Judith Cushman, consulting and retained search, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.jc-a.com
You must log in to post a comment.