Analyst & Influencer Relations Lead – EMEA / Microsoft
Enterprise customers look to industry analyst firms such as Gartner and Forrester for advice on many of their key IT buying decisions. These analysts provide analysis of market trends and vendor abilities that is valued by customers, policy makers, investors, partners and competitors as well as by vocal influencers. The role of analyst relations is to share information, foster relationships, garner opinions and input in order to establish and shape perceptions with the broad group of industry analysts who track Microsoft and the categories where we compete.At the same time, influencer channels are rapidly changing with the emergence of blogs, Tweets, online newsletters and other digital communications that influence public perception. A new breed of market influencer has emerged that requires a new approach to a traditional discipline.
The head of regional influencer communications for EMEA will define and executing on a traditional industry analyst program across EMEA, as well as developing a strategy and execution plan for communicating with and leveraging key bloggers, pundits and other influencers to create positive momentum, perception and buzz about Microsoft.
The successful candidate will be responsible for working with internal stakeholders across the region and in Redmond to understand company business priorities, gaps, market opportunities and go to market plans and then define how influencers can play a role in the company’s success in winning mindshare and positive reception.
Keys to success will be a candidate’s knowledge of enterprise software applications and the competitive landscape where Microsoft competes across EMEA, the ability to partner with multiple stakeholders effectively across Microsoft’s broad reach, a proven track record defining and driving an influencer strategy, and translating that into an efficient AR agency program. Also key will be the ability to prioritize and manage resources (people and budget), garner resources from others as appropriate, and motivate others with a compelling program strategy.
– Understand needs of product and sales stakeholders and develop the pan-EMEA analyst relations program
– Priortize and establish relationships with top-tiered EMEA-based influencers
– Maximize Microsoft’s leverage of analyst research with the field and key partners by improving internal communications channels between AR, Market Intelligence and other field comms
– Liaise with Redmond-based BG AR leads to ensure regional leverage and program scale
– Plan and deliver analyst briefings for stakeholders that result in positive views of the company
– Drive company participation in major regional analyst events; define strategy for and execute Microsoft-led analyst events
– Develop a culture of trust and respect with internal and external stakeholders through clear counsel, responsiveness, quality briefs, and thorough understanding of business priorities that result in sometimes difficult tradeoffs – raise overall profile of AR internally
– Support PR goals to incorporate positive analyst comments in top story plans
– Manage budget and agency resources in a responsible manner
– Work with third party vendor to understand digital influence model and how to reach pundits who matter to enterprise customer audiences – bloggers and vocal friends
– Establish strong working relationships as a content source for key industry pundits
– Work closely with PR counterparts in EMEA and in Redmond to develop influencer strategies as part of major launch campaigns across the region and ensure PR plans maximize third party leverage
– Participate in creation and nurturing of digital communications strategy for EMEA
– Proven company spokesperson who can represent Microsoft with senior industry analysts and other strongly opinionated industry thinkers
– Proven experience defining and executing an analyst relations and influencer program
– Experience working with executives to prioritize resources and define business and go to market strategies; specific experience in giving analyst feedback to business owners when it may not be “good news”
– Good business understanding of the commercial eco system in the technology industry as well as technology know-how
– Proven understanding of the analyst industry business models and experience in inbound as well as outbound AR. — Experience with online influencers through regular engagement
– Thorough knowledge of influencer profiles in Europe for core CIO/ITPro and developer audiences
– Proven experience with crisis communications and issues management, Deadline oriented
– Proven experience working in highly matrixed environment and managing through influence
– Superior budget and agency management skills
– Adept at developing plans with clearly defined outcomes and metrics
The ideal candidate will have experience in AR, PR, and online, and significant marketing experience. Knowledge of information technology — especially Microsoft’s products — is required.
He/she will have a deep understanding of marketing fundamentals, along with excellent analytical, communication, interpersonal and organizational planning skills.
The role has contact with analysts, customers, pundits and senior execs at Microsoft and partners. Candidates must be skilled and experienced in functioning effectively at that level, and be able to represent Microsoft effectively as a public spokesperson to the analyst community.
The successful candidate will also be a strong project manager, creative, action-oriented, and able to deal with ambiguity. Experience working in Europe a plus.
Job Segments: QA, Quality, Quality Assurance, Research, Technology
Date: Nov 22, 2010
Location: United Kingdom – Non Location Specific, GB
Job Category: Marketing
Location: United Kingdom – Non Location Specific, GB
Job ID: 725733-20703
Regional Influencer Communications Lead – EMEA
You must log in to post a comment.