- What are your coverage areas?
Internet of Things.
- What are your opinions of the IT Analysis Marketplace and where do you see it going?
I think the market is speciating between smaller boutique shops and larger numbers shops with specialists in the middle, like 451.
- What’s your typical day like?
About 1/3 quiet contemplation, 1/3 briefings and meetings, and 1/3 complete chaos.
- Now, c’mon, tell me an AR horror story?
When an AR person takes it upon themselves to help rewrite a research report to make it into a marketing document for the firm. I know you said ‘story’ singular, but this is a recurring nightmare.
- How do you position your firm? What is your business model?
We cover the business of technology innovation, in enterprises, consumer and carriers/operators. As you would expect, the primary customers for that analysis are enterprise adopters, carriers, vendors, and the financial community who invests in the innovation pipeline.
- What is your research methodology?
451 does primary quantitative research in multiple areas, including IoT, with our proprietary enterprise and consumer technology panels, which I leverage alongside vendor and customer briefings as well as my own primary research.
- Tell us about one good AR practice you’ve experienced or one good AR event you’ve atttended.
The most recent Fujitsu Forum in Tokyo was well executed, as was the most recent Cisco C-Scape event in Las Vegas.
- What are your offerings and key deliverables?
We have qualitative and quantitative research (written) as well as presentations (live), webinars, strategy days, and custom consulting projects.
- Any hobbies or favourite restaurant / food that you’d like to share?
I enjoy time with my daughters when I am not traveling, and we all enjoy trying any food we have never tried before. Routine is the enemy.
- What is your biggest challenges for the upcoming 6 months? And for the next 30 mn?
The IoT market is large and unbounded, so determining which areas to focus on (and which to ignore) with finite resources is my largest challenge.
- Around Gartner’s Fabio Di Capua in 10 questions
- Around Margaret Adam from IDC in 10 Questions
- Around Andy Butler / ex. Gartner in 10 questions….
- Around Vernon Turner from Causeway Connections in 10 questions
- Around Penny Jones / 451 in 10 Questions
- Around Tracy Shouldice / Trend Micro in 10 questions
- Around Shawn Fitzgerald in 10 Questions
- Around Christian Renaud in 10 Questions
- Around Annette Zimmermann in 10 questions
- Around Katy Ring in 10 Questions
- Around Tim Jennings from Ovum in 10 questions
- Around Anthony Mullen from Gartner in 10 questions
- Around Jon Collins from GigaOm in 10 questions
- Around Scott Liewehr from Digital Clarity Group in 10 questions
- Around Dan Bieler from Forrester in 10 questions
- Around Errol Rasit from Gartner in 10 Questions
- Around Ray Wang in 10 questions (redux)
- Around Julie Short from Gartner in 10 questions
- Around Tom Reuner from HfS Research in 10 questions
- Around Rajesh Ranjan from Everest Group in 10 questions
- Around Cindy Jutras of Mint Jutras in 10 Questions
- Around Peyman Mestchian of Chartis Research in 10 questions
- Around Leslie Ament from Hypatia in 10 questions
- Around Chris Lewis from Lewis Insight in 10 questions
- Around Tim Gower from Kable in 10 questions
- Around Duncan Brown from PAC in 10 questions
- Around Phil Hassey from capioIT in 10 questions
- Around Ben Woo from Neuralytix in 10 questions
- Around Phil Fersht from HfS Research in 10 Questions
- Around Mark McGregor from MWD Advisors in 10 Questions